User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Traffic Cop's

  1. #1
    Regular Member Jay Kay 313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Talking Traffic Cop's

    Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident, while checking for speeding motorists on the A-1 Great North Road .
    One of the officers (who are not named) used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300mph.
    The machine then stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.The radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet over the North Sea , which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district.
    Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the R A F Liaison office.
    Back came the reply in true laconic R A F style. "Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder Air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked onto the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched

  2. #2
    Ex-Staff Full Member Ian T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Skynet HQ EMEC#5
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    very good

  3. #3
    Regular Member SignumPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Luton, Beds
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Kay 313 View Post
    You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder Air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked onto the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched[/FONT]

    Do VX sell this kit as an upgrade for the Signum?

    Phil

  4. #4
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Failsworth, Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    There's quite a few versions of this doing the rounds over the years peeps.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Ste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    ..... Driving the Jaguar XF
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

    Trim : Black

    Engine : 3.0D V6

    Year : 0000

    Default

    Urban Myth, many different versions about...

  6. #6
    Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grimsby, Lincs.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default


  7. #7
    Regular Member Penfold's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Thought sidewinders were air to air only

  8. #8
    Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grimsby, Lincs.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Thought sidewinders were air to air only
    in theory yes, however they will lock on to a radar source......

    but........

    the sidewinders would have only been selected by the pilots, they dont automatically lock by themselves, now the thing that gives the story away is, WTF would a fully armed dutch jet be doing flying in uk airspace, it wouldnt happen im afraid, no need for it.

    edit: having re-read the post, is a police radar gun strong enough to pick something up over the north sea???!!!???

  9. #9
    Regular Member Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The pool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenbullet View Post
    in theory yes, however they will lock on to a radar source......

    but........

    the sidewinders would have only been selected by the pilots, they dont automatically lock by themselves, now the thing that gives the story away is, WTF would a fully armed dutch jet be doing flying in uk airspace, it wouldnt happen im afraid, no need for it.

    edit: having re-read the post, is a police radar gun strong enough to pick something up over the north sea???!!!???
    The piece didn't say that it was a dutch jet - only a dutch pilot. Not even sure if the dutch fly the tornado. It is possible however that the pilot was an exchange officer from the Dutch Airforce - quite common!!

  10. #10
    Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grimsby, Lincs.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The piece didn't say that it was a dutch jet - only a dutch pilot. Not even sure if the dutch fly the tornado. It is possible however that the pilot was an exchange officer from the Dutch Airforce - quite common!!
    but a speed gun surely isnt possible to pick something up on the north sea, if im wrong, then surely you can argue speeding tickets by saying are you sure its not something miles away you picked up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sat in traffic
    By sebadee in forum Comedy & Humour
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th April 2011, 22:35
  2. Question on traffic law
    By Grumpy1954 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 30th October 2010, 14:35
  3. Traffic Film
    By ed taylor in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 20:14
  4. Traffic Cops
    By T4M in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 22nd August 2007, 17:14

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •