Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Sky + problems...

any one had any major issues with sky..particularly the sky plus features... ours keeps skipping and jumping everytime we pause or record something... on our fourth box in 2 weeks... been having problems with them for 6 months now!
    have sent them a right sarcastic letter hoping for an outcome to the problems..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yes yes yes and yes..

my misses is always going on about this.. we should start a poll and send it to sky +.....Grrrrrrrr..
    3 boxes later and i have given up

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have changed the box again yesterday to a pace version.. we have a samsung lcd and apparently there is a compatability issue with samsung tv's and thomson box's that they have just discovered!!.. me thinks its just an excuse!!... in all we have reset the box's a total of 6 times and lost every series on there!! and got 30 quid compensation!! great eh!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

we had thompson and a 37" samsung LCD problems with that before , now got amstrad box and still having problems occasionally

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwabo View Post
    have changed the box again yesterday to a pace version.. we have a samsung lcd and apparently there is a compatability issue with samsung tv's and thomson box's that they have just discovered!!.. me thinks its just an excuse!!... in all we have reset the box's a total of 6 times and lost every series on there!! and got 30 quid compensation!! great eh!!
    It is an excuse i have a samsung tv with my sky plus and its fine .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

heres my letter...

Dear Sir/Madam,
    We have been a sky digital/sky plus customer for over 2 years now and over the last six months we have had many ongoing technical issues regarding the sky+ features..mainly flickering and skipping of thescreen going from black to the programme and over and over again.. we first reported this problem over 6 months ago and have done system re sets and full system re sets losing all of our viewing recordings, losing whole series of programmes which is very frustrating.
    When we called again a few months back we was told the box was now out of warranty and we had to pay £65 for a service call.. after much argueing with the foreign call centre I asked to be put through to disconections as I was not prepared to pay for a problem that we had been reporting for months and I was going to cancel my subscription.. In the end after 35 mins on the phone they agreed to waver the charge. At this point I agreed to purchase sky multiroom, as we already had a box installed upstairs and just needed the card to activate it..When we recieved the card and tried to activate it we was told we would then have to pay for a phone line upstairs or run an extension throughout the house. as it needed to be connected to an active phone line..due to current health issues I am unable to do this.. why was i not told when we agreed to have multi room that we needed the phone line??..
    after the box was installed we have had the same issues as before and also lost some sky+ features as we were given an old model reconditioned box...yet again, and another day off work a service call was booked and a new box fitted..and yet again all programmes recorded were lost again!!..another phone call again..and another 30 minutes on the phone and a service call was booked... and another day off work!!...so now the box has been changed and all programmes lost..again.. lets hope that this box works!!... so in all I have had to lose 3 days holiday from my annual entitlement and have spent 3-4 hrs on the phone trying to sort theses issues out!.. I have enquired about sky hd box to see if this would aleviate the problem as there seems to be an issue with your current sky+ boxes that I have had, but because I am such a loyal customer you was prepared to knock off £20 from £299 from the box..after we pay nearly £50 a month for your so called service.. thank you very much for being such a highly valued customer to you!!.. you seem to give new customers huge discounts and offers but treat your existing customers so poorly!..
    so in all we have had 4 boxes from you in a month and have lost many hours of recordings and television series that we have stored and recieved a measly £30 good will gesture.. how nice!
    So, what would be an acceptable offer from you, well for the six months of complaining and the loss of features on our sky+ service and loss of programmes, I dont see why at all we should have to pay the full subscription for this term until we recieve a full service from you..If you dont recieve electricity then the company doesnt charge you and likewise with a phone if your phone line goes down then you dont pay for the service..because you are not recieving the so called service, so why should I have to pay you for the service that you claim to provide but dont!
    also i would be very grateful if you could upgrade our box to a hd box at no additional cost, and we will pay the additional difference for the subscription..
    lets hope that you can come up to some sort of mutual agreement and keep an existing customer happy or force them to use a different tv service supplier.who would be happy to give me the service I deserve as a paying customer. Maybe your customer service needs to be looked at as I know of several issues with the sky + boxes with friends who were so dissapointed with sky that they cancelled their subscriptions to you. As long as the new customers are signing up then it seems that your existing customers are given a second rate service.
    I hope that you can officially log this complaint and wish to be contacted at the soonest to discuss the options of our further service with you and the outcome of my complaint..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwabo View Post
    heres my letter...

Dear Sir/Madam,
    We have been a sky digital/sky plus customer for over 2 years now and over the last six months we have had many ongoing technical issues regarding the sky+ features..mainly flickering and skipping of thescreen going from black to the programme and over and over again.. we first reported this problem over 6 months ago and have done system re sets and full system re sets losing all of our viewing recordings, losing whole series of programmes which is very frustrating.
    When we called again a few months back we was told the box was now out of warranty and we had to pay £65 for a service call.. after much argueing with the foreign call centre I asked to be put through to disconections as I was not prepared to pay for a problem that we had been reporting for months and I was going to cancel my subscription.. In the end after 35 mins on the phone they agreed to waver the charge. At this point I agreed to purchase sky multiroom, as we already had a box installed upstairs and just needed the card to activate it..When we recieved the card and tried to activate it we was told we would then have to pay for a phone line upstairs or run an extension throughout the house. as it needed to be connected to an active phone line..due to current health issues I am unable to do this.. why was i not told when we agreed to have multi room that we needed the phone line??..
    after the box was installed we have had the same issues as before and also lost some sky+ features as we were given an old model reconditioned box...yet again, and another day off work a service call was booked and a new box fitted..and yet again all programmes recorded were lost again!!..another phone call again..and another 30 minutes on the phone and a service call was booked... and another day off work!!...so now the box has been changed and all programmes lost..again.. lets hope that this box works!!... so in all I have had to lose 3 days holiday from my annual entitlement and have spent 3-4 hrs on the phone trying to sort theses issues out!.. I have enquired about sky hd box to see if this would aleviate the problem as there seems to be an issue with your current sky+ boxes that I have had, but because I am such a loyal customer you was prepared to knock off £20 from £299 from the box..after we pay nearly £50 a month for your so called service.. thank you very much for being such a highly valued customer to you!!.. you seem to give new customers huge discounts and offers but treat your existing customers so poorly!..
    so in all we have had 4 boxes from you in a month and have lost many hours of recordings and television series that we have stored and recieved a measly £30 good will gesture.. how nice!
    So, what would be an acceptable offer from you, well for the six months of complaining and the loss of features on our sky+ service and loss of programmes, I dont see why at all we should have to pay the full subscription for this term until we recieve a full service from you..If you dont recieve electricity then the company doesnt charge you and likewise with a phone if your phone line goes down then you dont pay for the service..because you are not recieving the so called service, so why should I have to pay you for the service that you claim to provide but dont!
    also i would be very grateful if you could upgrade our box to a hd box at no additional cost, and we will pay the additional difference for the subscription..
    lets hope that you can come up to some sort of mutual agreement and keep an existing customer happy or force them to use a different tv service supplier.who would be happy to give me the service I deserve as a paying customer. Maybe your customer service needs to be looked at as I know of several issues with the sky + boxes with friends who were so dissapointed with sky that they cancelled their subscriptions to you. As long as the new customers are signing up then it seems that your existing customers are given a second rate service.
    I hope that you can officially log this complaint and wish to be contacted at the soonest to discuss the options of our further service with you and the outcome of my complaint..
    make sure you send it recorded delivery

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

I have no choice but to have Sky where i live and have had problems with them on and off since 1989 I have had the odd offer of free months subscriptions every now and again though
    Their customer service is shocking when you have a problem.

The only plus point i have had from them is they have not questioned why the box is not connected to the phone line That is after i told them straight after the first 12 months that it was coming out. They never argued and nothing has been mentioned since

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Heres mine, disgusting service, but like Tony I need sky up here ! My sky+ won`t work unless the phone is plugged in !!! I had to send it twice because the first attempt was ignored

Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you after my apalling experiances with Sky and in particular customer services. The following is a brief summary of my recent experience which I hope you can rectify for me.

I moved home in June and cancelled my Sky subscription due to difficulties I was having with charges being taken out of my bank, I received a letter at my new address which said I was in credit, I phoned customer services to ask for this to be paid back to me. The representative on the phone was a pleasent guy who persuaded me to reactivate my account, he agreed to supply me with a new Sky+ box and install it at my new address free of charge, I was also told that my Sky+ subscription would be free.

A guy came from Sky to fit the system as agreed, we asked him what would happen if we moved house as we were just staying here until our new house was built, “I need to run a wire here, is there any point, how long are you going to be here, seems pointless to me” was the answer to that question.

It was all fitted and my previous Sky card had been re-activated (This is where I think things started to go wrong!) but the engineer said we needed a new card and put it in the box and said it would take 24 hours to be activated and left. 24 hours later it wasn`t recording, pausing etc, I left it a week but it still wasn`t working so I called customer services. The first guy I spoke to did a few tests on the box and said there appeared to be a fault and would book me a service call, (This was a 45 minute phone call £3.18 ), This was the 11 July and the Sky box had not worked since being installed on the 25th Jun. I was floored when I was given the 14 August as a service date !! I asked to speak to someone higher up the line as this was no acceptable to me, I hadn`t waited that long to get it installed. I was told the wait was because there wasn`t an engineer based on the Island and I would need to wait until the next one was up (This was a lie as the engineer told me he lived on the island when installing the dish ! ) when I argued the point it was suggested to me it would maybe be better for me to pay for the engineer to come out !! This was a shocking suggestion, me paying to fix an installaton which had never worked. I agreed to wait until the 14 August on the condition that my Subscription would be refunded in full from the installation date until 14 August when it was repaired. The box he had left me was a Refurbished item, not new as agreed ..

Then on the 6 August I received a bill for my subscription and I was astonished to see I had been charged £10 for Sky+, I phoned customer services again for an Hour this time ! I was given 2 storied by 2 different customer services representatives.

1. 1st gentleman I spoke to looked at my account and said that I had a Sky+ box but no sky subscription and that is why I was being charged the £10, I tried at length to explain I did have a sky subscription (To be fair I think the engineer swaping the reactivated card for a new one caused confusion) when he looked into it he said I was right and that I should not be being charged the £10 fee as I was told when I reactivated my account. He said he would transfer me to someone who could refund the £10`s .
    2. So I was transferred to a Lady who I thought would solve my problem, how wrong I was. She told me that the first 2 guys I spoke to were wrong and that because I had a new box (Which I didn`t because at this time it still wasn`t working, but I was being charged!!) I would have to pay £10 a month for Sky+, I was told when I took out Sky again I would not be charged for Sky+ as it was free from the 1st July. I tried to explain this to her but she just kept sayiong the guy was wrong, irrelevent of whether he was wrong or not, if you offer me a product at an agreed cost it has to be supplied, I also tried to get this accross but she kept saying the guy who agreed to it shouldn`t have and I would not get the Sky+ free. By this time I was worn out and fuming so I asked to cancel my account and she said I could but would still have to pay £10 a month for a Sky+ subscrption as I had a new box (Which as said before I don`t!) She refused to transfer me to a Manager and told me if I had a problem write to yourselves.

So here is my letter, someone is not telling me the truth and I do not appreciate money being taken from my account which I did not agree to !! I have been told a heap of lies and mistruths and am fed up with it.

On the 14th August the Sky engineer called swapped the box for another which took approx 4 minutes and left. Surely a box could have been posted out to me to save going 6 weeks without it !! It is another refurbished box which is a dissapointment as well as I thought a new box out of courtesy would have been supplied. Although virgin media do not cover Shetland (and I am sure my experience would have been different if they did) I would respectfully request that you cancel my account as I have had a disgusting experience with your level of service and you refund any subscription I have paid to yourselves back to me or you supply me with a New Sky+ box and a free Sky+ subscription as promised and refund the money paid from June – 14 August. The very fact I have to put pen to paper as it were, to write to a company who is marketing itself with See, Speak & Surf and will not accept an Email or phonecall for a complaint perhaps is a fitting example of your failings..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lol...what was the outcome?... have emailed them my letter too.. but surprise surprise no one is at home and checking the complaints it seems!!... so I have posted it and hope to get some sort of reply very soon..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information