Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What would you do?

Continuing on from all this - http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=20702 - my car is in the dealer today having the rear end oil seal replaced again under warranty (this one's lasted four months...) and will be out of warranty next March as it will be three years old then. Speaking with the one decent chap in service there it appears that so far its cost VX a lot of money.

It appears that I've missed the initial offer of extending the Network Q warranty (which ran out back in July) as buried somewhat in the paperwork I was given it mentions that it could only be taken up within the first 14 days... I didn't receive anything from them at the time it ran out.

I am concerned that if it continues to have these sort of problems it could become very costly once the warranty runs out (as well as the loss of value once the "D" is out). To buy it I traded in my old B and organsised an independant loan (with Northern Rock as well! Thats the way my luck goes...) that also included a bit of consolidation, so at the moment from what I've gathered the car is worth privately roughly what I have remaining on the loan.

So, do I:

Sell the car privately now, pay off the loan and start all over again (this time buying something smaller as I don't tend to need the estate nowadays)?

or

Keep it, praying that nothing else happens, and try and get an extended warranty?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : saab 95

Engine : 2.3t

Year : 2006

well if u decide to keep it get it mot'd and fully serviced b4 the warranty runs out that way u can get your repairs done free.

personally id sell it pay off loan and buy again or part ex it and extand loan.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As long as you do it before the Vx warranty runs out, you can take out an extended Net Q warranty for one or two years (you need to take out the two years at the time, you can't do one year then another year after). That's what I did on mine and you can pay over 10 monthly instalments with nothing extra to pay. There's a couple of threads I did on it if you have a search.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks Duncan, just looked up the threads and I think I'll give them a call to see whats what.

Thread Information