User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Service light come on waaay too early - WHY?

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Service light come on waaay too early - WHY?

Was out in the car today a couple of times today. When I parked up on the drive I saw the service light appear (oil can with spanner) as I turned the ignition off. Turned ignition on andoff again - did the same. As I'm on ECO Flex setting I turned off the ignition and pressed the odometer reset button and voila, the icon appeared again.

What was odd was that it was the icon with no mileage under it. If it had been due a service then it would have initially shown the icon with a 1000 under it, eventually changing to just the icon when it was less than 600 miles to when it reckoned a service was due.

I serviced the car myself back in July and reset the service counter. I know I did it properly as 21,000 appeared under the icon when I pushed the odometer reset with the ignition off. The battery was disconnected for almost 24 hours when I had all the seats out the other day, but that shouldn't be a problem as the manual says "The service interval display takes account of off-the-road periods during which the battery is disconnected." i.e. it remembers the service data even if the battery is disconnected.

EDIT: Just seen this.......

Field Remedy: 1640

Complaint: ECO service flex oil service interval telltale illuminates (much) earlier than specified.
    Cause: Software deviation in the instrument MY 2003,5.
    Production: Modified software for the instrument available with start of MY04. Breakpoints: Ellesmere Port (Vectra C) ... 3 8 131726 and Rüsselsheim (Vectra C, Signum) ...3 1 157315.

.....which could explain it as my falls before that breakpoint.

Hmm, trip to dealer methinks. I don't think they do FR work after the Vx warranty has expired - even though I am under Net Q warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It could just be that you have thrashed the nuts of it over the past few weeks...(smiley logo if I could find one)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine did the same when I had my 03 saloon ... I suspect you are spot on with your diagnosis.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it'd be worth £40 to get it tech2'd off with an update..

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Stuff paying £40! lol Thinking about it, it happened before a while back and the guy there said he'd do the software update if it happened again - even if it was out of warranty by then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Was out in the car today a couple of times today. When I parked up on the drive I saw the service light appear (oil can with spanner) as I turned the ignition off. Turned ignition on andoff again - did the same. As I'm on ECO Flex setting I turned off the ignition and pressed the odometer reset button and voila, the icon appeared again.

What was odd was that it was the icon with no mileage under it. If it had been due a service then it would have initially shown the icon with a 1000 under it, eventually changing to just the icon when it was less than 600 miles to when it reckoned a service was due.

I serviced the car myself back in July and reset the service counter. I know I did it properly as 21,000 appeared under the icon when I pushed the odometer reset with the ignition off. The battery was disconnected for almost 24 hours when I had all the seats out the other day, but that shouldn't be a problem as the manual says "The service interval display takes account of off-the-road periods during which the battery is disconnected." i.e. it remembers the service data even if the battery is disconnected.

EDIT: Just seen this.......

Field Remedy: 1640

Complaint: ECO service flex oil service interval telltale illuminates (much) earlier than specified.
    Cause: Software deviation in the instrument MY 2003,5.
    Production: Modified software for the instrument available with start of MY04. Breakpoints: Ellesmere Port (Vectra C) ... 3 8 131726 and Rüsselsheim (Vectra C, Signum) ...3 1 157315.

.....which could explain it as my falls before that breakpoint.

Hmm, trip to dealer methinks. I don't think they do FR work after the Vx warranty has expired - even though I am under Net Q warranty.
    Had the same thing in my old Vectra Active saloon (53 plate - Rüsselheim), light came on at 700, 1100 and 1300 miles from new. Dealer then got rid of it under warranty. Never came back when I had it (approx 11,000 miles). Timing of it seems similar to yours.

Thread Information