Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Coke Light!!!

I popped to the shop the other night for a diet coke, and ended up with the most disgusing soft drink i have ever tasted...

COKE LIGHT!!

even the ingredients are in arabic!!

I wasnt impressed. I think we should start a campaign to ban the sale of coke light and force independant retailers to sell the real thing!!!

sorry about the rant

Russ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

LOL.. as no fan of any form of Cola, you carry on....

I do wonder about some of the 'dodgy local brewed' stuff made around the world.. and why it ends up back here!!..The local Kebab shop is knocking out Turkish coke at the moment and Mrs GSi said it's vile..

Skip the coke.. stick to stella..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's the imported stuff. Horrible. It must be cheaper for them to import the cra p stuff.

Good thinking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post

Good advice there Mark....

I too am not bothered about any fizzy drinks, too unhealthy for me and my temple of a body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Coke light is imported diet coke, if you think that is bad don't ever try coke zero, its like drinking toilet cleaner....

(not that i have ever drunk toilet cleaner...!)

Vectra-C Obsessed Poster Drinky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

See now what's the point in all these "diet" drinks ......surley if you are on a diet you drink water ???.........i know Mrs D likes that diet Coke decaffinated stuff what's that all about it must be like drinking brown fizzy water by the time they have taken all the "Bad" stuff out ??.....No for me it's got to be full fat fizzy drinks all the time !!!!!!

Back in a V6 !!!!!!!!!!!! And lovin it !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

when i diet i use protien drinks every 2.5 to 3hrs, Luvly strawberry cream or banana flavours...Mmmm!!

Some of the professional bodybuilders i know drink tuna in orange juice when they are dieting for a contest..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    Some of the professional bodybuilders i know drink tuna in orange juice ..
    Yuk !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Drinky View Post
    See now what's the point in all these "diet" drinks ......surley if you are on a diet you drink water ???.........i know Mrs D likes that diet Coke decaffinated stuff what's that all about it must be like drinking brown fizzy water by the time they have taken all the "Bad" stuff out ??.....No for me it's got to be full fat fizzy drinks all the time !!!!!!
    Totally agree ... not only that these Diet drinks (and now some non-diet drinks too like Oasis as the Coca Cola Company sneak it into more and more of their products) are packed full of a chemical called Aspartame which in some studies has been found to do all sorts of nasty things ... there's loads of info about it on t'internet ... here's the first result Google gave me: http://www.earthways.co.uk/aspartame.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    Some of the professional bodybuilders i know drink tuna in orange juice when they are dieting for a contest..
    No Pain no Gain right?
    Last edited by ukanalyst; 12th October 2007 at 15:24.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ukanalyst View Post
    Totally agree ... not only that these Diet drinks (and now some non-diet drinks too like Oasis as the Coca Cola Company sneak it into more and more of their products) are packed full of a chemical called Aspartame which in some studies has been found to do all sorts of nasty things ... there's loads of info about it on t'internet ... here's the first result Google gave me: http://www.earthways.co.uk/aspartame.html
    That's the reason why I don't drink diet drinks - I can't stand the taste of that stuff. I can smell it in a drink before I've even tasted it!!

It royally pees me off that more and more drinks are having it added it partly in place of sugar. They'll still have sugar, just less of it, and Aspartame to then 'top up' the sweetening. I'm guessing Aspartame is cheaper for them as they can have more sweetening from a smaller weight of product delivered i.e. a container of Aspartame has more sweetening power then the same container of sugar.

I rarely buy/drink fizzy drinks - just not that keen on them - so one of my favourite drinks was Oasis. It had a small amount of Aspartame in it, but not enough that I could really taste it. Lately though I noticed that the taste had changed and I could really taste the stuff - I'm guessing they changed the formulation and had more of the Aspartame in it. I've now stopped buying it as I hate the taste. Why can't they just make non-diet drinks with sugar and diet drinks with the sweeteners, then people can make the simple choice without having sweeteners put in drinks when the may not want it. If more people stopped buying these drinks (ones with sweeteners being slipped in in place of some sugar) then the manufacturers would soon revert back - maybe.

I have noticed that there are more drinks now making a point on the labels of saying that they have no artificial sweeteners.

Try buying a diluting fruit juice without Aspartame in it - there's not many around. Wherever I can I buy drinks with only sugar in it - damn site better for you than that artificial cack for which they still don't know it's long term effects!!

I remember a good few years ago I went into a shop and picked up a can of Lilt, got outside, opened it and took a big swig - quickly followed by spraying it all back over the pavement!! Looked at the can and saw it was Diet Lilt - which had only just come out (Diet Coke had been around for a while). I had just walked in and picked it up not even aware that there was a Diet Lilt out! Hated the taste of Aspartame then, hate it now - always will. Disgusting stuff.

D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information