Took delivery of a new 2008MY 2.2 Direct Design hatchback, last Friday, 5th Oct.
Very happy with my new toy for 2 days then......
So far the list of problems stands at:
1) Stick on wheel balance weights on front drivers wheel fell off and got stuck between wheel hub and disk caliper. 110miles on clock.
2) Following wheels being rebalanced, and weights put back on, the wheels still vibrate badly at 60-80mph.
3) Twice, on switch off and key removal, the rev-counter needle vibrates until I put the ignition back on.
4) I had complained at my local dealer on Monday this week, that I thought the power steering was quite noisy, but he dismissed it as "they all do it". This he did without even looking at the car.
I did post a question in the tech section on here and GSI3.2 answered saying that they were all quite noisy. Fair enough I thought - turn the stereo up then.
Well today the warning light came on and at the dealers, the power steering has packed up. May need a new pump/rack assy under warranty. 380 miles on clock.
5) Car has Bridgestone RE30 tyres, which drone like mad whilst driving. I see this is a common complaint, but none the less doesn't add to my mood at the moment.
Only saving grace thus far, is it is a company car, through LloydsTSBAutolease and they have been great with sorting everything out.
However, on the basis I have to keep this car for the next 4 yrs/100,000miles, I am currently not looking forward to it.