Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Alpine Head Unit

Guys

Have decided I will go for an Alpine head unit in the car. It is model no 9881. Initially I was hung up on the fact that it wouldn't display anything in the screen display and that the steering wheel controls wouldn't work.

After finally seeing another OPELAUS members Vectra, the Alpine unit fits in nicely. Therefore, the only thing I want to happen is to find out what additional unit to buy to make the steering wheel controls work. I'm not concerned with the display anymore

On the left side of the wheel is three buttons. In disc mode one changes disc in the changer while the other two change tracks. In radio mode, these three buttons navigate between stations (I think, haven't used them for a while).

On the right side, there are the two volume buttons plus one button which navigates between, FM1, FM2, AM and finally CD.

So what I would like to happen is that the right side will continue to do exactly the same as what it is now. On the left side, I would hope that in radio mode, the buttons will continue to navigate stations as before while in CD mode I would hope that one button could navigate the folders of a mp3 disc while the other two would go up and down between tracks.

Does this make sense

Can anyone confirm the right module to buy to allow an Alpine unit to work within the confines of the canbus.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had the 9881 in my old Vectra and it's a great choice of unit. No steering wheel controls in the old one though so I can't commment on how to get them working unfortunatly.

Thread Information