Thread: loosing faith in the police

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy loosing faith in the police

my 16 year old brothers mountain bike was stolen almost 2 months ago. the theiving scum broke into my moms flat and stole it leavin his laptop amongst other things. they was moving out that day and was in the new house. now at lunch time today my brother was on the bus coming back from 6th form and he saw a 14 year old lad that went to the same school as him riding the stolen bike less than 5 minutes drive from them. we found out where he lives and went there. I also phoned the police to meet us there to retrieve it. the lads mother said she bought it 2 months ago for 50 quid and the lad who sold it lives just up the road and told them thats hes had it for over 18 months. we went to the guys house who they bought it off to prove he was lying. the lad was mid 20's with a skinhead and a smackhead complexion. he didnt come to the door he just opened the bedroom window and talked to us that way. might be because im a 19st bodybuilder, when I told him its stolen he kept denying it and said he bought it in jan this year from someone in doncaster. after a slightly heated row i told him to come down and i will only break his hands so he cant rob again. then his scruffy lass started getting mouthy and told us to get off there front garden(council house). i told her to get her fella to come down and make me and if she carries on im gonna slap her aswell. i received a call a few minutes later from the police saying that they cant make it as there busy and they will call me later to advise.

now if it was still with the smackheads and the police couldnt come the bike would have disapearred and no proof that it was ever there,
    scumbag 1 - police 0. luckly the family that has it seems decent enough and will give it up to the police once they come. if nowt happens to the smackhead, im gonna get in trouble by the law when i pop down again with a few mates.

we dont have the serial number but the bike was built by a mate of mine so the chances of another one the exact same in the uk is unlikely. it was originally a limited edition gt frame, with bomber forks, blue tioga tyres and other distinguising features including scratches where he came off on it on, originally costing over £700.

rant over
    GB
    Last edited by B4rrett; 4th October 2007 at 23:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it would be a shame if someone smashed the windows on the thieving scumbags council house tonight, as you've moved he wouldn't know where you live.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if that happened it wouldnt teach them anything as the windows would be replaced with double glazed ones fitted by the council at the cost of us honest folk. what I am sure of is that he will get whats coming to him, after the police give him a slap on the wrists.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Why not get the postcode and house number stamped into the frame?
    Even if you move house, it is really easy to prove it is your bike as you know the mark is there AND you used to live at that address!
    Most police forces will carry this out for free

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down

Police are a waste of tax payers money.
    18months ago I saw 2 youths (Lads) outside my house breaking up a mountain bike (girls frame). They proceeded to try and set fire to the saddle, well enough was enough, so told them were to get going to swiftly, likewise Im also no small bunny (19stone).
    They only ended up at the bottom of the small cul de sac carrying on their antics.
    As I work closely with the Police at times, I phoned them for intervention of these scrotes, Sorry Sir was the answer, not many patrols available, but we wil see what we can do.

The next morning, opposite my house, a dumped girls mountain bike, so again I called the Police so they could collect and return to the poor young lady who had lost it.
    For 24hrs I continued to phone, Police said could I take it in and put somewhere safe inside my property.
    I did so, and still have it to this day, even after further calls to the station.
    I have since called the Police about the same 2 lads wrecking yet another obviously stolen mountain bike and told them the same wanted 2 lads were with it that minute if they could get their A---e in gear.

An hour later, pcso plastic cop arrives on a bike himself, where have they gone he said
    How am I meant to know, Im not an investigating officer.
    Know wonder many of my friends have left the force.
    Waste of tax payers money.
    Bring back vigilante groups to kick some ass.

ps, still got the bike safe in my shed, about time it went on fleabay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

The problem is that now people are getting to the end of their tethers and will take action themselves. They will get in trouble then for trying to sort things out but there will not be a shortage of police then
    I'm not anti-police at all, they are just as pi$$ed of stuck indoors doing paperwork and having too big an area to cover. Our local police have 2 on duty some nights covering 200 square miles That was not a mis-print either!!!!
    Most of the smaller village stations are now only part time so all calls have to go to the main call centre at Colwyn Bay which is 60 odd miles away
    Makes me laugh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I sadly have to agree with all of the above, but hey! remember this... your anger should not be aimed at the guy's who make up the Police Force, they if I guess correctly would allow you to go give a bang to rights suspect a good kicking if they could also find a way of making the following complaint go away.

Blame the policy makers and the PC Brigade who are tucked up in their comfy village retreat where everyone knows everyone and crime doesn't exist.

There was a good piece of TV on today on the news, it featured the Anglian Regiment who are just finishing a tour of Afghanistan, they've lost 9 members of their team and are made up of quite a few 18 yr old troopers, one lad had this to say, yeah I hear about all the ones back home who think they're all it cos they break asbo's etc, well let em come out here if they wanna prove they're really made of it, or words to that effect, top man in my book, so when they get back make sure you ing salute him and call him Sir, cos him and his team are what being a Briton is all about, not playing everyone up and seeing them as an opportunity to pilfer from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was tempted to type a very long defensive post, but I have too much paperwork to do!!!

All I will say is, don't blame the 'bobby on the beat' and choose your vote wisely come election time!

Thread Information