Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default TMC messages and CD ERROR

Hello all,

I have a vectra with the CD70 navi unit built in with colour screen etc.

firstly, I have never been able to get any TMC message on the navigation system, I read on here somewhere that if the CD rom doesnt have TMCi written on it then it wont work, is this correct as mine dosen't. It's also a 20003/04 CD, so doent have things like the M6 TOLL road on it ! If I buy a new one from navteq will this enable the TMC messages ?

also, recenlty the CD player keeps spitting cd's out either saying "INVALID CD" or "CD ERROR". I have tried the discs in different drives and they are always OK, i have aslo tried burnin the discs at x16 and it still spits them out. It happens almost everytime without fail when you try to skip through a few tracks on the CD. I just brought a lens cleaner, that hasnt worked either.

any help will be greatfully recieved ;o)

Cheers,

Paul.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was going to said a dirty lens...but you tried that allready....so my second guess is that the laser need to be recalibrated (adjusted) if thats possible on this head units

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Insignia

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : 2.0 CDTI

Year : 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm View Post
    Hello all,

I have a vectra with the CD70 navi unit built in with colour screen etc.

firstly, I have never been able to get any TMC message on the navigation system, I read on here somewhere that if the CD rom doesnt have TMCi written on it then it wont work, is this correct as mine dosen't. It's also a 20003/04 CD, so doent have things like the M6 TOLL road on it ! If I buy a new one from navteq will this enable the TMC messages ?
    A 2003 disc is rather old; I've never seen one but I think TMC was not yet generally introduced before end 2004. Anyway 2006/2007 or 2007/2008 are surely ready for TMC and if your settings are Ok, I don't see why it should not work on your unit.

See also http://www.tmcforum.com/en/about_tmc...ed_kingdom.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm View Post
    also, recenlty the CD player keeps spitting cd's out either saying "INVALID CD" or "CD ERROR". I have tried the discs in different drives and they are always OK, i have aslo tried burnin the discs at x16 and it still spits them out. It happens almost everytime without fail when you try to skip through a few tracks on the CD. I just brought a lens cleaner, that hasnt worked either.

any help will be greatfully recieved ;o)
    Do you have the same problem with an original audio CD? If yes, it is the laser as Rob wrote; if not, try another brand of CD-R (no RW) and/or lower the speed further more

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks for the advise chaps, i managed to get hold of a newer map cd (torrentz shhh!) which has added the iTMC facillity, allowing me to avoid a smash on the m40 this morning ;o)

The cd skips with bonafide genuine no-stolen-from-the-internet CD's (defaming my mrs explanation that it is Karma stopping me from listening to music!) so i am guessing it's lazer re-alignment time, which going from previous experince with VX could be a costly exercise.

Me, my new maps and teh Vectra are now going to tear down the A303 to drink scrumpy till it comes out my ears.

have fun.

Paul.

Thread Information