Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Braided brake hoses?

Hi all

Has anyone fitted braided brake hoses to there Vec-c, if so was there any problems in the fitment of the hoses or any fittings?

Notice any difference after fitting the hoses?

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Spoons is the only person I know with braided hoses, but he had his fitted at the same time as his brake upgrade so any difference was lost in the overall effect.

Not heard any reports of fitting problems though, especially if you go for brand name parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think Mark the Cabby & Plasma also have the braided lines.

The hoses should give a firmer feel to the pedal, as the rubber original ones 'bulge' slightly with pressure.

They should also last better than the rubber ones, as outer braiding is normally stainless.

spoons

Ok... yep, I have some experience with these.

I used Goodridge braided hoses on my original 314mm big brake upgrade from LMF.

The braided hoses from LMF come in a pack containing both the front set and the rear set. Take Note: The rear set does not fit the Vectra !!... the banjo's are too small !!.... Only the front hoses will fit.

Did I notice a difference ? Errmmm.. not sure.

I then had the AP Racing 362mm 6-Pot brakes fitted with Goodridge Braided Hoses and 5.1 AP Racing Brake Fluid.

I think the pedal 'feel' is down to the 5.1 AP Racing Fluid more than the hoses.

So... my recommendation would be to upgrade to the Goodridge Hoses AND 5.1 Racing Brake fluid as it makes such a difference. Much firmer pedal feel than ever before and the 5.1 fluid doesnt 'boil' like the old stuff does !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

so the rears dont fit ....??????? i asked him the other day when i got some from lmf "do they fit on the larger calipers" he said yes are you 100% they dont fit as i know the banjo bolts dont fit that come with the kit ...but using the old banjo bolts will aloow them to fit ..this is from fitting them to my old vec b .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Ok... yep, I have some experience with these.

I used Goodridge braided hoses on my original 314mm big brake upgrade from LMF.

The braided hoses from LMF come in a pack containing both the front set and the rear set. Take Note: The rear set does not fit the Vectra !!... the banjo's are too small !!.... Only the front hoses will fit.

Did I notice a difference ? Errmmm.. not sure.

I then had the AP Racing 362mm 6-Pot brakes fitted with Goodridge Braided Hoses and 5.1 AP Racing Brake Fluid.

I think the pedal 'feel' is down to the 5.1 AP Racing Fluid more than the hoses.

So... my recommendation would be to upgrade to the Goodridge Hoses AND 5.1 Racing Brake fluid as it makes such a difference. Much firmer pedal feel than ever before and the 5.1 fluid doesnt 'boil' like the old stuff does !!
    Oh
    So what have you done about the rear hoses???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    so the rears dont fit ....??????? i asked him the other day when i got some from lmf "do they fit on the larger calipers" he said yes are you 100% they dont fit as i know the banjo bolts dont fit that come with the kit ...but using the old banjo bolts will aloow them to fit ..this is from fitting them to my old vec b .....
    Have you fitted a set to you vec-c??

So i could get a set from LMF and use the old rear banjo bolts for the hoses to fit??

How about the fronts because i've also got the 314mm brake upgrade from LMF to fit on as well????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

when i fitted spoon's set to his veccy C, the rear banjo bolt wouldn't pass through the banjo..as he says, it's just too big to pass through..this left 2 options..machine the banjo out to accept it ( very dangerous as it leaves if sealing on a knife edge) or not fit them at all.. so we left his rears on standard rubber hoses..

if you're going to fit the 314mm kit, then do the front hoses at the same time.. just don't do a 'Plasma' and fit the calipers upside down ( easily done) , fit them with the bleed nipple facing upwards..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ive been told not to fit braided hoses to anything cos they wear out quick - the metal braiding can rub through the hose quicker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yep the rear pipes dont fit due to the banjo beeing too small spoke to lmf and there going to contact there suplier ....but im not happy as i did ask him straight on sunday do they fit and he said yes ,but from what i can gather he may have had a idea they didnt ,but do need to give them the benifit of the dought .....im not too happy ive gotta post the pipes back to them at my cost then there is no garentee there is a solution ,they say there may have been a earliy pipe ...but checking there is only one banjo bolt and pipe listed for all models ...02-08 now up to goodridge to check it out ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information