Thread: WARNING - Carphone Warehouse / One Stop Phone Shop rip off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default WARNING - Carphone Warehouse / One Stop Phone Shop rip off

Just incase anyone here has taken or thinking of taking advantage of the Free line rental or cash back offers.

I took 2 phones on a 12 month free line rental via cashback claim, told I needed to claim 1st payment 4 months after date on connection.

I sent my claim form as soon as I got my 4th bill and guess what, they got the claim 3 days to early

now i have lost my right to £720.00 cash back and all they say is its not a valid claim so my right to claim any of the cash back is now void

B**tards

if you have taken this offer make sure you send your claim within the very very small time frame.

Often thought how they could do these offers, now I know they refuse to pay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Get on their case m8, companies are always fobbing us off with bull$hit. Contact their complaints dept. and see what they say and tell them you'll take matters further they hate those words, do it in writing aswell I woudn't leave them alone until I know for sure they won't pay out.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What a rip off ... I am having problems with phones4u at the moment, my year was up this month and I have a 3 phone, so thought I would go directly to them, BUT found out I am on an 18 month contract, even though I was told it was 12, when I dug out my contract it doesnt say 18 month on it, but in small writing it does say 18m+400t+400t+b ... the manager tried to say that means it is an 18 month contract what else could 18m mean, 18 megebytes I said ?? I didn`t even read through it at the time as I was told it was a 12 month contract and naively I trusted what I was being told ... The area manager has eventually agreed to buy the 6 months back ...

I reckon it is all a racket, surely it should be regulated more, 4 days early ffs, they should be happy ... I read on a mobile phone forum that 90% of cashback is either forgotten about or refused !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've heard really bad thing about the Carphone Warehouse. I was at a meeting last week where one of the guys was telling us that he agreed to a £30.00 a month contract but they started taking £45.

He stopped the Direct Debit as a result but they sold the debt to a debt recovery agency.

It's over £300 now and he actually only had the phone for three months.

One thing for anyone on Orange. We have an 18 month contract and every six months can add a ,"magic number". I was about to add one after the first six months when I decided to read the small print. Adding the number would have meant the contract would have started all over again i.e 18 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mate I used to work wiv carphone I aint got time to read this just yet but leave it with me... get on to cust services and start having a major go and do not get off the line until it is sorted. also DO NOT SWEAR! put your point accross firmly without any bad language and they will listen, I got two fones free when they told me that they were gonna start chargin me for 0870 no.s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post

One thing for anyone on Orange. We have an 18 month contract and every six months can add a ,"magic number". I was about to add one after the first six months when I decided to read the small print. Adding the number would have meant the contract would have started all over again i.e 18 months.
    FFS, they have you by the short & curlys every which way eh ... certainly "magic" !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Silver V View Post
    I got two fones free when they told me that they were gonna start chargin me for 0870 no.s
    That is also a way of getting out of your contract, if you were with o2 and object to the change to start charging for 0870 numbers then they will release you from the contract and leave you with your phone ... So if you liked heavy breathing you are quids in !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bainie View Post
    That is also a way of getting out of your contract, if you were with o2 and object to the change to start charging for 0870 numbers then they will release you from the contract and leave you with your phone ... So if you liked heavy breathing you are quids in !!
    yea I know as I told them I can get out of my contract cos they were chargin. but my tariff is quite good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

bit more help on the ofcom web site

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The only way to get a mobile phone in this country,with a trusted enough deal,is to deal directly with the providers through one of their shops. O2 Shop,Tmobile Shop,3 Shop...you get my drift...
    In Middlesbrough the staff even come out of the shop at Phones For You,to catch people walking past,looking in their windows etc,3rd party phone sellers are so under pressure to make sales,and commision they'll tell you anything.

I always deal directly with providers,and have never had any trouble.
    And considering my first mobile could be seen from space that aint bad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information