Thread: Sitting at the traffic lights

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Sitting at the traffic lights

Yesterday on my way to pick up my boy from school I pulled up at the traffic lights at Denny cross, same place where a while ago some idiot sliced the back end of my astra open with a lorry while using the pavement to overtake the staionary traffic to get through the filter light. Anyway I'm watching the lights from the other direction to see when they change, clutch down, 1st gear, hand on handbrake, car moves forward suddenly. I think "****** I've lifted the clutch and stalled it". Looks at the dash, nope all ok. Looks in the mirror, woman behind me is right up my ar&e. So I gets out of the car and has a look. Sure enough she has rolled into me. At this point she is still sitting in her car looking at me. "Do you realise you have just ran into my car" I say. She says "oh" and reverses back a bit. Any way we moved the cars and I had a look at mine. Everythings ok fortunately, she didnt even damage her number plate when she hit my towbar.
    Her excuse " I'm quite small and this car has a big bonnet so I cant see the front of it very well"
    I know what I should have said in reply but thankfully I kept my mouth shut.

Regards

Ian

spoons

Yep... I've had the womans response "I havent hit your car !!" followed by "I'm not getting out of the car to look"

Only one thing for it at that point.... call the police

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fine if she has hit the towbar and done no damage. However, when some plonker ran into the back of my car, it didnt look like any damage. On further inspection, the bumper carrier was slightly dented. Worth a check??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a good look under the car at the towbar, bumper and the crash bar. All seems fine. I cant even see any cracked paint work at the washers on the towbar which would show up if the towbar had been moved. I was very fortunate I think.

Ian

Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a similar happening with my Vec B,I had parked outside the local shop to get the lottery [as usual not a winner],as I returned to the car it suddenly shot backwards a few feet,The culprit being some old boy of nearly 80 in his KA had reversed into it,I tapped on his window and said that he had just hit my car,his reply was "I thought I had hit the kerb",give him his due he did pay for the repairs out of his wallet..........no way he could of forgot doing it as he lives further up the road where I live.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cocks should live on the farm not drive cars, I had a guy pull off from the kerb blind the other day, I had to anchor on expletives abound, when I got level with him the cheeky ***t had the nerve to say I was going too fast, yeah right being as I was only six car lengths into the road and he appeared one car length in front of me, with a bulb out.

More to this story i won't post, but the same guy had a 2 & 8 with a mate of mine a few days ago, and was openly asking to get chinned so he could go to the law about it, safe to say he's going to meet up with him again soon unmarked and off camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you shoulda put your car in reverse and done some proper damage to the silly moo.. lol

and on one of the replys.... if some one cane see over the bonnet then why are they driving the car, even blondes realise if they are too small that a cushion is a good idea!!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcv View Post
    Her excuse " I'm quite small and this car has a big bonnet so I cant see the front of it very well"
    well adjust the seat until you can, and if you can't then maybe a smaller car would be more suited!! Jeez.

Sounds like all she has done is tapped your tow-bar so hopefully nothing else will come to light. Did you get her details anyway? - just in case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Maybe I'd have avoided the recent damage to my bumper if I hadn't taken the towbar off mine, but it just didn't look right with it fitted, and I'm not likely to use it.
    Dopy woman. It's amazing what people say when they've hit you (and in restrospect usually funny).

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2017

women drivers rant rant elderly drivers oh sweary words (now waits for the abuse to come my way )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information