Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Pre-Facelift 3.0 V6 CDTi

Hi,

I don't post very often, but have a browse of the forum most weeks. Basically I've got a 2004 pre facelift vectra 3.0 V6 CDTi and I'm interested in getting a little more performance from it because it doesn't have the dpf.

There is a company near me in Cambridge called Torquing BHP, who claim to remap these cars to approx 217bhp and 450Nm. They charge £499 for the work and is probably the better option. Has anyone had any experience with this company and this remap?

However over the past few months I keep seeing DTUK CRD2 tune up boxes being advertised second hand for about quarter of the price which really appeals. Since my car doesn't have the dpf, do you think I'd be ok with one of these? I understand the power produced is roughly the same, but what are the drawbacks? Is reliablity an issue with the pre facelifts and does the engine run as smooth? I do like the idea of being able to take the CRD2 off when it does for any garage work or when I sell the car.

I'd really appreciate any input anyone has on this topic. I've done loads of searching and read many old post's, but some there are some conflicting views which worries me.

Cheers
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mark the Cabby and Harry had theirs done there I think, and know both are pleased with the results.

Just had mine done at DAP in Huddersfield and pleased with it. Had a box prior and a lot of expensive engine problems followed, can't definately say it was the box but would personally recommend the re-map route.

Found it was a more agressive drive with the box (and great fun!), the re-map seems much smoother. I spoke with Tourqing BHP and was almost ready to get mine done there until I found somewhere closer to home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Pete, Ive been running the CRD2 box in my 1.9CDTi from the second day after buying it, havent had any problems at all with it, there are a few discusssions on the boards about the pros and cons of the Map over boxes. You get what you pay for as they say,I havent experienced any problems with my car and would never go back to standard now that the box is fitted.

Takes less than a minute to fit or remove and provides so much more fun when driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, Ive got a CRD2 on my 3.0 and never had a problem with it. I also like the ability to remove it when it goes to the garage etc, get it done you will not regret it or be able to remove the smile from your face.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

The cost of a box is fractional compared to most remaps (don't know why as it costs them less) and the remaps tend to be smokey just like the boxes. Harry had 220bhp at Red Dot but it was just as smokey as my boxed 1.9CDTI (though I only made 200bhp that day)

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm currently running an older version of the CRD2 on my V6 (CRD,just one profile instead of four).Had it reprofiled by dragon performance using their "most popular" profile.It is at present set at the -3 (lowest) setting on the 7 position jumper row.I tried it on the higher settings and didn't really feel any difference at all,just got more smoke,so I'll leave it as is.But even on that setting the difference in performance is staggering compared to standard.Highly recommended if not seeing huge clouds of smoke is important to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got a CRD2 for sale ,ran it on my last 3.0 cdti for 6 months and not one problem with it. £150 with a free K&N filter PM if intersted

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

pwjolly - Darryl over at TorquingBHP is a very nice guy, and although initially weary i felt that i could trust him to work on my car, and i think that means alot.

plus the car after the remap is just fantastic, it feels so nimble. you'll not regret it, and you can't put a price on the added piece of mind.

As nutron said, on the rollers at Red Dot the remap peaked at 226bhp (190bhp at the wheels), and yes it was smokey, but mine has always been a smokey car and with the box it was much worse.

i take you must have manual transmission, otherwise Darryl would've quoted a lower torque figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the responses:

Vectravirg - So what engine repairs did you need if you don't mind me asking? Mine's running lovely at the moment and I'd be gutted if it started having problems. Also, was your box the CRD2?

Daviek - Cheers I'll definitely bare you mind when I've decided what to do. Will it fit a 2004 pre-face lift ok?

Harry - yep its a manual SRi. They sound decent figures I reckon.

To be honest I'm not bothered about getting every little bit of performance from the engine, but if its safe and reliable, then a boost would be nice! Also I don't really want too much smoke, so that sounds like it'll be a limiting factor?

Thanks again, chat later ok.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

[quote=pwjolly;384690]

Vectravirg - So what engine repairs did you need if you don't mind me asking? Mine's running lovely at the moment and I'd be gutted if it started having problems. Also, was your box the CRD2?

Engine repairs were a new Boost Pressure Sensor and Fuel Rail, the boxes increase the pressure on the fuel rail so this could of been a result of the box?
    Heres a thread with links about my engine troubles http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=27696.

The box I used was a CRD power click with about 5 different profiles I just kept it on the middle setting.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information