StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Marshall Completes Lisles Acquisition

I thought this might be relevent for some Vec-C.com readers:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Friday 7th September, Marshall Motor Group completed its acquisition of the Lisles Motor Repair businesses, adding three more Vauxhall sites to the Group and welcoming Alfa Romeo back after a short break from the franchise.

Like Marshall, Lisles was a private, family-owned business, founded in 1900 and owned for nearly 70 years by the Deards family, who have now retired from the motor industry.

The three sites, in Knebworth, Hitchin and Welwyn Garden City all represent Vauxhall. In addition, the Hitchin site also represents Alfa Romeo from a separate showroom. Both the Hitchin and Knebworth sites have Esso filling stations, with busy shops.

Roger Knight, Chief Executive of Marshall said: “We are delighted to have completed this acquisition and to welcome the former Lisles staff to Marshall. As two, private, family-owned businesses, there are many similarities between the two companies and we expect the integration process to be relatively simple and quick to complete.”

Vauxhall is a key business partner for Marshall which has represented the brand since 1994. The Group now has seven Vauxhall operations, with the three ex-Lisles businesses adding to existing dealerships in Peterborough, Leicester, Ipswich and Ely.

Roger Knight added: “We have been looking to build on our successful relationship with Vauxhall for some time and this was the perfect opportunity for us. The territory covered by these new sites fits well with our existing markets and this will also increase career development opportunities for our employees.”

Marshall Motor Group was founded by David Marshall in 1909 and today represents 16 manufacturers from 43 sites with 1,700 employees.

The picture shows Peter Campbell, General Manager of the three sites for Marshall with Roger Deards, former owner of Lisles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm,

Best I remove the motor dealers sticker of my rear window....Was going to do it a while ago, never bothered because I could not see it from inside, now I will......Perhaps some private plates as well

Thread Information