Edit: Thread now updated with this post to follow on from the original post below.
Following on from this thread, I meet Justin from BSR at the Heritage Centre meet today and picked up two mahoosive boxes of exhaust kit and the new PPC 2 remapping unit. We then realised that I was missing the new injectors as they were nowhere to be seen in Justin's car, so he went back to see if he could track them down. Given the length of his journey I then met up with him later on and got the missing injectors - a somewhat vital element.
A bit delayed, due to the above, I arrived at The GSis and after a short while we headed down to Mark's unit to fit the kit. Couple of phone pics of the exhaust kit.....
Look at the size of that backbox!
Whopping 3" downpipe with spots cat. You can see the smaller size of the cat compared to the original one.
We got stuck in and made good progress - taking out the new injectors and fitting the new ones and then the exhaust kit - new downpipe, sports cat and all the boxes and pipes from their backwards. Some fiddly bits took up some time but we still made good progress. For a change it was me wielding the angle grinder instead of Mark! , to remove part of the old exhaust. Actually thinking about it he did get his hands on it later as it happens!
Unfortunately as we came to the tailpipes we realised that they were the wrong ones! and they were never going to fit in the cutouts on my skirt. You can see in the first pics that each tailpipe is a twin circular exit - I'd only been expecting them to be single circle - and that was why they weren't fitting. By then it was almost 11:30 so we called it a night and will finish off tomorrow. I may end up removing the lower skirt just to get the pipes fitted and get the Stage 3 map installed and test that everything is okay - with of course the obligatory road test!!
I'll have a look at making some 'adjustments' to the skirt tomorrow but if I don't think I can, or I'm not happy with what it may look like, then I'll just drive back home with the skirt off. People behind me may stare a bit but who cares, I'll be shooting off into the distance ahead of them! I'll call Justin on Monday and as I'll be away the rest of the week on the Milau Viaduct trip, the car won't be getting used anyway. Hopefully Justin will be able to sort out the correct tailpipes quickly - unless they need to come from Sweden!
So, almost there - tomorrow will bring the final touches and the chance to actually get it running and road tested.
Big thanks, as always, to Mark for his time and technical expertise this evening.