Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Off work..How long??

As some of you may know I was injured whilst serving in Iraq at the end of june this year...
    well, been having lots of physio and also been to a rehab unit to get me better..which hasnt worked and made me worse!!..Been off work now for nearly 3 months!! Got a prolapsed disc which hasnt gone back in, so now they are looking at surgery..been goin the docs every 2 weeks or so and he has been giving me sicknotes..been again this week for some more pain killers and doctor has signed me off work for 6 months..omg!!..how long..just hope they can sort my back out for me now!

Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwabo View Post
    As some of you may know I was injured whilst serving in Iraq at the end of june this year...
    well, been having lots of physio and also been to a rehab unit to get me better..which hasnt worked and made me worse!!..Been off work now for nearly 3 months!! Got a prolapsed disc which hasnt gone back in, so now they are looking at surgery..been goin the docs every 2 weeks or so and he has been giving me sicknotes..been again this week for some more pain killers and doctor has signed me off work for 6 months..omg!!..how long..just hope they can sort my back out for me now!

plenty of jeremy kyle for you!!!

get well soon buddy

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

F**k me m8 hope all gets sorted soon, sounds like your pretty bu88ered. Just recovered from a knee injury myself and Im now back on full PT, really hope it isn't as bad as it sounds m8 all the best

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Presume you are in the RAF? have they have downgraded you? just be careful ref your med cat. Dont want to wory you but just had a friend who has had a med discharge because of the same injury. He had all the ops etc which didnt allow him to regain his previous category, which in turn highlighted him to the Med Board at the 18 month point, cue board discharging him. Get a hold of the relevant AP's (think they are on the Intranet) and look at the timings and med cat upgrades etc. The more information you have will keep the system 'straight' if you no what I mean.

Get well soon, physio is a pain(in many ways) but you gotta keep at it for the long term gain. I smashed my leg up and had to endure a lot of 'hassle' from the med boards etc but got upgraded the day before the 18 month point.

Vec-C Facebook Admin thegoldenbullet's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BigLad View Post
    Presume you are in the RAF? have they have downgraded you? just be careful ref your med cat. Dont want to wory you but just had a friend who has had a med discharge because of the same injury. He had all the ops etc which didnt allow him to regain his previous category, which in turn highlighted him to the Med Board at the 18 month point, cue board discharging him. Get a hold of the relevant AP's (think they are on the Intranet) and look at the timings and med cat upgrades etc. The more information you have will keep the system 'straight' if you no what I mean.

Get well soon, physio is a pain(in many ways) but you gotta keep at it for the long term gain. I smashed my leg up and had to endure a lot of 'hassle' from the med boards etc but got upgraded the day before the 18 month point.
    depending on how long in service, with the discharge payment and the pension, it may be worth getting med discharged, providing you wanted out that is.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know how you feel mate. I've got 2 shattered disk's and I've been waiting for surgery :::::wait for it.

6 years. O yes 6 long years of constant pain. At first they told me i was to young to take the risk of surgery 27 at the time. Then they kept saying they don't want to do it as new developments of disc's is coming "please wait" Like i had any choice in the matter. So in the mean time i have had 4 epidural's, The first one was done the same way as the ladies get when giving birth and the rest were done were you lie down and the insert a tube into the hole at the base of your spine and push it all the way to the top and inject a blue dye and steroids. Dye is so they can see on the x-ray machine that it going to the correct area, Steroids to strengthen the the muscle's around the spine to support it. Believe me the worst one was the first one. I have all the respect for women going through this procedure. OMG it hurts like hell.
    So now my surgeon and an American company have developed a new rubber disk and the have implanted the first one's last November, single disk implant. The results are excellent i heard. So I'm just waiting for the go ahead to go in to be one of the first people to have 2 disc's replaced.
    Things are very very slow but thats the NHS.

I know people will think it's strange that i am working with such a bad back but believe me if i was at home on the sick all this time i would have brought an end to myself through this.
    But i maid the choice to hack the pain and just work with it and earn a good living for my family. I am not the type of person to sit on my **** at home claiming the sick. How can anybody have a life or even live on it is beyond me.

So mate i hope you have a better outcome than myself and stick with it. It will happen sometime soon. Don't let it get you down because it's very hard to get back up from it.

Take it easy.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

I sort of know how you feel Dwabo, I was also injured in june and im still off work, I had an accident on my birthday, it was also the first day of our holiday in spain, The Quadriceps muscle in my right leg had a complete tear and i fell down some stairs, Funny thing is 2 days earlier i was quite happily training legs in the gym, one of the sets i done was a heavy set and i did 11 reps of leg press with 28 x 20kg plates (14 per side) and 20 x 20kg plates doing standing calve raises, 2 days later i can't walk, spent 2 weeks stuck in the villa..! Still getting about slowly on crutches at the mo.
    Like me you have to try and have a positive attitude, I get really ****ed off with myself sometimes but i try my best to see the positive side of things now..

I Really hope you get yourself sorted out soon Dwabo... Dont let it get to You..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wishing you all the best for the future m8.

Get well soon.

I was injured at work last year on Xmas day. I'm a firefighter, very simple incident, I opened a locker on the retained appliance and it jammed half way up. So I gave it a good pull and my back just completely gave way.

NHS were not much help to be honest, my Doc just wrote me a line and told me to stay off work until it sorted itself out. Was booked in for a scan to see what the damage was, but there was a long waiting list. In between I started going to an Osteopath who was recommended to me by another firefighter.

The bloke worked wonders for me.

I was off for about 3 months and if it had not been for the Osteo fella, I reckon I would have been off for much, much longer. Still dunno what the actual damage was, although the Osteopath seemed to reckon it was probably a slightly slipped disc coupled up with a mild form of Sciatica.

So yeah, can see how you feel m8, back injuries can be a complete pain ( excuse the pun ).

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well at least you'll be stocked up on Brufen... For the non-service people reading this, it's an 'in-joke'.....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    Well at least you'll be stocked up on Brufen... For the non-service people reading this, it's an 'in-joke'.....
    The cure for all problems

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information