User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: tech 2'd from donor car?

  1. #1
    Full Member izonoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default tech 2'd from donor car?

    I'm currently bidding for an ebay CD30 MP3, the owner makes no mention of it being tech 2 'd from the donor car. There's a 4 digit code in the picture but it's not quite legible. Is this code related to the tech 2 or is this the regular radio code that comes with each factory fitted stereo?

    I'm going to ask him if it's been tech2'd from the donor car, if he says yes, how do I verify this - is there a code of some sort? Of course this seller my not have a clue about tech2 and could just be bluffing to make the sale.

    2.2 Direct SRi

  2. #2
    Regular Member Gsi3.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Technical directors office
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    very dodgy ground here... if it's not been tech2'd out then it'll be a nice doorstop....there is no way to verify it on the unit for sale at all, you just have to 'trust' the seller is decent..

    have you tried e-mailing the seller and asking directly if it has been tech2'd??.. if they don't know what it is, then chances are they haven't done so..

  3. #3
    Full Member izonoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    have you tried e-mailing the seller and asking directly if it has been tech2'd??.. if they don't know what it is, then chances are they haven't done so..
    I'm going to ask him now.

    2.2 Direct SRi

  4. #4
    Regular Member sig63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Insignia

    Trim : Cosmo

    Engine : 2.0 CDTI

    Year : 2011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by izonoky View Post
    I'm currently bidding for an ebay CD30 MP3, the owner makes no mention of it being tech 2 'd from the donor car. There's a 4 digit code in the picture but it's not quite legible. Is this code related to the tech 2 or is this the regular radio code that comes with each factory fitted stereo?

    I'm going to ask him if it's been tech2'd from the donor car, if he says yes, how do I verify this - is there a code of some sort? Of course this seller my not have a clue about tech2 and could just be bluffing to make the sale.
    The unit does not have a code; only the car has a security code which is needed with Tech2.
    Ask him who took the CD30 out of the donor car... if he did it himself the unit is useless ! And what type of Vauxhall did it come from... as the units for Astra/Corsa/vectra are not exactly the same

  5. #5
    Regular Member benny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dudley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    how old is the cd30 unit it may be the older type that still has the old 4 digit code input ........

  6. #6
    Regular Member sig63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Opel Insignia

    Trim : Cosmo

    Engine : 2.0 CDTI

    Year : 2011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    how old is the cd30 unit it may be the older type that still has the old 4 digit code input ........
    CDR2005 and CCR2006 had a radio code; the CD30/CD30MP3 (available since 2005) and other CDxx not

  7. #7
    Full Member izonoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sig63 View Post
    Ask him who took the CD30 out of the donor car... if he did it himself the unit is useless ! And what type of Vauxhall did it come from... as the units for Astra/Corsa/vectra are not exactly the same
    Ok, seller hasn't responded to my earlier questions but I'll keep pressing. I'm the current high bidder, but I'll probably withdraw if I'm not satisfied with his responses.

    2.2 Direct SRi

  8. #8
    Regular Member benny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dudley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sig63 View Post
    CDR2005 and CCR2006 had a radio code; the CD30/CD30MP3 (available since 2005) and other CDxx not
    cd30 as fitted in vauxhalls from 2001 needed a 4 digit code up untill 2004/5 when the astra and vectra went total canbus

  9. #9
    Regular Member Gsi3.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Technical directors office
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    yep, only Full CANBUS cars need tech2...only on those cars is the CD30 unit a CANBUS node..on the earlier cars it wasn't a node and could be removed without tech2.. but as the original posters car is a full canbus car he'll need a tech2'd unit..

  10. #10
    Regular Member BigMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I maybe wrong, but in the earlier cars they were only a CD30, not a CD30 MP3. No one wants a plain CD30, you may as well keep you CDR2005. The MP3 version wasnt released until late 2005 was it?

    It seems to me that all CD30 MP3's need tech2'ing to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jump Start problem - donor citroen c4
    By stripey in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th August 2011, 11:59
  2. tech 32 ?
    By les287 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11th May 2011, 21:04
  3. tech 2 donor
    By craigbarlow18 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th November 2008, 01:50
  4. Tech 2
    By ADAM123 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27th May 2008, 17:57
  5. Who carries a Donor Card?
    By AJA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th February 2006, 20:26

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •