Thread: Help required now Vx can't repair my car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help required now Vx can't repair my car

I spoke to my dealer today regarding the problems with my car which are detailed below in reverse order for when I have posted on here.

No news is bad news. Vx UK don't know what to do, Opel/GM Germany don't know what to do and so they have now passed it to Izuzu in Korea or where ever they are based.

I wish to write to Vx first before I start with anything legal and was wondering when others have written, I know a couple of people like Maverick have. What did you put in your letters.

I would rather keep these some what private so would appriciate that if you can help you could PM me with your experience or some suggestions.

I would like to reject the car or get it replaced, I'm not looking for new,new or might be but just something that works with out the problems.

Thanks in advance for your help
    http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=29671
    http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=27813
    http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=25024
    http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=23872
    http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=15846
    http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=17080

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have a chat with your local trading standards office (county council) they'll point you in the right direction & tell you which piece of legislation to quote in your letter (so VXL know you're not p155ing about & you mean business). After that & assuming VXL still haven't sorted it you'll need to persue it through the courts system.

Make sure you have copies of everything sent/received and details of dates at dealers, number of days off the road etc.

Best of luck. I feel for you on this. I hate it when a big company clearly doesn't give a to55 about us little guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I too had major problems with mine - and VX did take it off my hands.

I have to say that we did not even have to get to any legal proceedings, or even the threat of it.

It was exactly 12 months to the day that I picked up my replacement motor. My 'Friday' Signum that went was a Jan 06 '55' plated Elite 150 Cdti (approx 14000 miles) and they eventually managed to find me an Oct 06 '56' plated Elite 150 Cdti with approx 8000 miles on it.

It was not a straight swap (which I didn't expect to be honest) - it cost me £1220 in total (£1000 for the car, £140 Tax - which was due anyhow - and £80 private plate change). VX did pay for my bluetooth kit to be transferred over.

As I now have a motor that in essence is a year younger, it drives properly, looks much better (i.e. the Star Silver is much better looking than my old Metro Blue), it has 18" wheels on which look great, it is an '07' model so has the roof rails and chrome door handles AND it also has a new Network Q warranty, I must admit I am quite pleased with the outcome.

I am adamant that, because I never ranted and raved to the dealer (and in the end had them convinced the faults were there even when 2 engineers said it wasn't and it was a 'characteristic' of the Signum) and was always as pleasant as I could be with them this helped my cause, as it was the dealership who did all the negotiating with VX (and the engineer), although I would have done it myself if they had not done so.

I would suggest that this is the route you go down first (if you havent already) as I am sure that VX will want to put your issues to bed just as much as you do. Whichever way you go about it, good luck - and keep us posted!!!!

P.S. These 'Friday' cars that they do eventually take back - I wonder what REALLY happens to them - I was informed they go back to Luton, get fixed and then get sold again - I dont know why they dont keep them all in a compound and just use the usable spare parts - these would, without doubt, be worth much more than the car in one piece. They can't just sell them without fixing them (even in auction) because, as they are mainly still under warranty, they will keep on coming back to them!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi Nav

Engine : CDTI160

Year : 2012

I can't see how they can possibly refuse you a replacement now (if you speak to the right people in charge), that car you have there is a complete joke. What if you needed to drive it long distance - it's designed to do that but completely useless for that purpose.
    Last edited by Hideous; 12th September 2007 at 23:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have they replaced the ECU?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Looks like the Vec is going

well it is still with tech support in Japan and still don't know what is wrong.

I had a meeting at the dealers today and asked to meet with the field ngineer and was met with 't's out of his hands, it is now being dealt with in Japan' I spoke with Vx CS as well again today and they recommended that I write to the MD at the supplying dealership to reject the car or seek a replacement and (Vx) are not willing to offer any support in seeking this.

So the dealer was on to Vx this afternoon to see if they will buy the car from them and we will meet again on Monday to see where we go from here. I have told them that I don't want the car back just sort it out so now I need to get all my mods off, private plate etc. Tax is due at the end of the month oh and it needs 4 new tyres, so thats £700 saved there and it is due its 60k service so another £200 saved so thats £1100 I can put towards a new one.

I'll be re-reading your post now Dave to see if my experience can follow yours

Thread Information