Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Built in Sat nav.

I drove down to Hereford yesterday. Thats a 120 mile trip for me. I haven't got to grips with the built in sat nav yet so I used the TomTom on my phone. It took me there with no hiccups ....

While we were there I found myself with a few spare minutes ot look throught the CD70 handbook and I programmed in my home address. Well pleased with my self we set off for home.....
    It took me through the middle of Worcester.... then we headed out towards the A38..... when it wanted me to go towards the middle of Birmingham I gave up on it and switched it off.
    Is there a setting I have missed or is it always like this????

Regular Member David_SRi_2.2DTi's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
    I drove down to Hereford yesterday. Thats a 120 mile trip for me. I haven't got to grips with the built in sat nav yet so I used the TomTom on my phone. It took me there with no hiccups ....

While we were there I found myself with a few spare minutes ot look throught the CD70 handbook and I programmed in my home address. Well pleased with my self we set off for home.....
    It took me through the middle of Worcester.... then we headed out towards the A38..... when it wanted me to go towards the middle of Birmingham I gave up on it and switched it off.
    Is there a setting I have missed or is it always like this????
    I've got this in my NCDC2013. I'm using the 2003 CD-ROM and must confess it's pretty poor in comparison to the Navman unit I bought at Christmas (before I bought the Vectra).

Not sure if buying a new CD will update the units capability or just the maps...been looking on e-bay to try and find a 2007-08 but not sure if the ones seen are legit or knock offs.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think (dont quote me on this) that you might need to change the settings from fastest to quickest or vice versa.....

Im still tyring to work it out as well mate, went to cambridge the other week an it was ****, ended up going through my small map book i always keep in the car.
    The way back i followed someone else

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mc_orion View Post
    I think (dont quote me on this) that you might need to change the settings from fastest to quickest or vice versa.....

Im still tyring to work it out as well mate, went to cambridge the other week an it was ****, ended up going through my small map book i always keep in the car.
    The way back i followed someone else
    ...yeah thats right, I spent a while tryin to work out what the 'clock' icon was on the display, quickest route apparently

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I tcould be so much simpler. On my tomtom, all I ever do is just put in the postcode. I was stunned when the satnav built into the cars of a major manufacturer didnt have this function. The lack of user friendliness is also an issue. Great car - rubbish kit?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I find my Vx sat nav works well, it does take me a slightly longer way home, so i just ignore that bit, and take a short-cut (mine is set to quickest, so it tends to keep me on the faster roads for longer)

Programmed work in when I got it and was pleased to see it took me the exact way I go anyway (again on fastest setting). Changing it to shortest I think is a no-no, seems takes you on all the slow roads, through all the towns and villages.

My CD70 Navi works with postcodes (which I only recently found out about!!!) Where you would normally enter the town, just enter a postcode, 5 figure search iirc.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mine took me on a totally bonkers route yesterday from near Blackpool to Southport, by *far* the fastest and best route is via Kirkham and skirting Preston. The Navi 70 took me along the M55 to Preston, through Preston town centre and then out on the correct road. I only followed it because I thought it was taking me along the motorway all the way.
    Got home and plugged the same route onto my Garmin C510 and that told me to go my way, all setting similar on both units and no traffic incidents o either.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by LJ sxi-nav View Post
    I find my Vx sat nav works well, it does take me a slightly longer way home, so i just ignore that bit, and take a short-cut (mine is set to quickest, so it tends to keep me on the faster roads for longer)

Programmed work in when I got it and was pleased to see it took me the exact way I go anyway (again on fastest setting). Changing it to shortest I think is a no-no, seems takes you on all the slow roads, through all the towns and villages.

My CD70 Navi works with postcodes (which I only recently found out about!!!) Where you would normally enter the town, just enter a postcode, 5 figure search iirc.
    ...I'll give that a go! I was quite purplexed at first about the lack of post code search.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Has anyone managed to get the TMC to work in the UK?

At Christmas I bought a Navman F20 and a Traffic Module. Didn't work all the time but did sometimes, telling me of traffic events etc.

Even when tuned to Classic FM (the only station that broadcasts TMC messages as far as I know) I've never had a single TMC message in the Vectra.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
    I tcould be so much simpler. On my tomtom, all I ever do is just put in the postcode. I was stunned when the satnav built into the cars of a major manufacturer didnt have this function. The lack of user friendliness is also an issue. Great car - rubbish kit?
    Not all factory built satnavs are equal. The finest factory fitted satnavs I've used to date are the one's that come with Toyota's. No knobs or dials to press, it's all touch screen, you can even touch & drag across the screen, very intuitive & highly user friendly.

2.2 Direct SRi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information