Thread: Motorhomes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Could you live with a left hooker?

A friend of a friend has just inported one to the UK from America.
    He bought it from a rental company over their.
    He is going to use it mainly over in france and spain so a LHD is great for him. He paid a company to re-do all the electric's to 220v.
    I belive it's a 6 berth 2years old with the importing and electic work done 11k.

Hope this help's you out a bit.
    Uk one's can be very over priced "The same as everything in the UK"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    may be a bit obvious,but surely best to ask if you can ck out some of the MH at your boat meets. i know we hd a great one when we toured canada,you just towed a small car,so when you hitch up at the site ,you just go out in the other car ..wonderful idea
    Already doing the above, but thanks to my job there aren't any that I can go to before next season, plus this forum has such a wide range of knowledge that it was worth asking.

Seen them too when we were over there (I really want a winnebago) plus also not uncommon in UK - as you say a really neat idea. The bigger MH's (with "garages" plus those that tow cars) are often classed as good vehicles in UK and require special MOT's. It is a bit of a grey area and one that is worth keeping clear of. Can't afford something that size anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Could you live with a left hooker?

Hope this help's you out a bit.
    Uk one's can be very over priced "The same as everything in the UK"
    You can import from Germany as well at low prices. Never thought of USA, though. Wife might have an issue with LHD. I don't as have lived abroad more years than in UK anyway.

Thanks for the tip - I'll have a look

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

http://www.caravanshows.com/

I would definately recommend going to a show so you can compare them back to back, there are so many different lay outs and its a case of seeing which would suit your needs best
    it depends wether you want the fixed bed style- a fixed double bed at the back usually has a large storage area underneath the bed accessed from outside
    or
    make up beds- hassle of pulling cushions about etc to make the beds each night but usually means that you have a much larger living area for through the day

its all a bit of a compromise, you have to kiss a few frogs before you find the princess

just dont rush into buying the first one too quick make sure it ticks as many boxes as possible

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for that - good advice. Not sure about the swamp breath when kissing the frog, though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We'll this subject doesn't come up very often on car forums but one thing a can help with is caravans or motorhomes! I don't really know where to start mate as i've personally used caravans and motorhomes. Also i sold them in a dealer's for 5 years as well so what kind of info are you looking for as i can probably answer any questions you have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My folks have a caravan, my dad thought they could go away for weekends, but the reality is that with cleaning and packing, then unpacking (inlcuding awning as you will need one to make it liveable) then repacking and then unpacking at the other end, the most realistic time to use one for is short breaks, like monday to friday or a long weekend.

My mate has one (a motorhome) and always takes his car as well so that they can pop out when required. It my be different if you with a bunch of friends though.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by corman View Post
    http://www.caravanshows.com/

I would definately recommend going to a show so you can compare them back to back, there are so many different lay outs and its a case of seeing which would suit your needs best
    it depends wether you want the fixed bed style- a fixed double bed at the back usually has a large storage area underneath the bed accessed from outside
    or
    make up beds- hassle of pulling cushions about etc to make the beds each night but usually means that you have a much larger living area for through the day

its all a bit of a compromise, you have to kiss a few frogs before you find the princess

just dont rush into buying the first one too quick make sure it ticks as many boxes as possible
    Yep, agree with that. Other than the coachbuild recommendation I gave, at the end of the day it's what layout etc. clicks with you. You need to look at as many different makes as you can to see what layouts are available. Does a kitchen in the back suit better, or a bedroom or.....

I'd recommend a trip to a dealer that has a decent stock, you'll soon see a number of layouts. You'll come across a few well known makes - Autotrail etc. You'll want to make sure they are built on decent base - Fiat and Peugeot are popular ones as they have decent diesel turbo engines.

Along with Ace, and my own 'experience' of motorhomes, I'm sure we can help.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I noticed mate your talking about towing with the motorhome, if you are towing with it and you go for a coachbuilt, just make sure that the chassis can be fitted with a (Hope safe T-bar) as you'll need this to fit the towbar too and they can only be fitted on certain chassis depending on the overhang from the rear wheels to the back of the motorhome!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just a thought, have you seen Robin Williams film "RV"?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information