Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Motorhomes

Two things -

1) Why are motorhomes considered by many non-owners to be cool and caravans not cool? I'll never know - it's a rhetorical question anyway.

2) More serious topic - Mrs O'Rilla and I are considering buying something like a 4 berth motorhome for some holidays (not long ones), for visiting but mostly for me to tow my boat to championships and not have to worry about driving back from the club at night - seemed like a capital plan........

Anyone got experience of M/H's? I have done a lot of surfing, mainly when supposed to be working, so have some sort of idea, but some first hand advice on what to really look for would be very much appreciated. We won't be buying new but have a budget of about £20K.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

20 K buys a lot of B+B accommodation, and you don't have to washup, or clean and hoover afterwards too.

That's my 2 cents worth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good point, fully appreciated, and one that has been raised before - also people could say that money spent on Irmscher goodies will buy an awful lot of fuel as well.

We are looking for the flexibility that this option offers for our various interests - each to their own as they say!

Thanks

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My only 'experience' is from my folks having had a few over the years - currently on their third I think.

The one thing I'd say is go for a coachbuilt one and not a conversion as the latter have been designed from scratch and are put together better.

If you want more info, feel free to PM me for my mobile number and I can answer what I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the kind offer Duncan, much appreciated - will see what this thread washes up first before I bother you about it. No amount of internerd surfing is substitute for personal experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i think they pretty cool. only thing i think of when i see them (and having experience of holidaying in one) is that when you turn up at a campsite for instance you have to make sure ammenitys and the pub are close by. Cause you park up get all settled then if you need to go out you have to drive the whole van somewhere where caravans you drop off and use the car on its own leaving the caravan were it is. If you get what I mean ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Max N Paddy drive a motorhome thats got to be cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by robhullfury View Post
    i think they pretty cool. only thing i think of when i see them (and having experience of holidaying in one) is that when you turn up at a campsite for instance you have to make sure ammenitys and the pub are close by. Cause you park up get all settled then if you need to go out you have to drive the whole van somewhere where caravans you drop off and use the car on its own leaving the caravan were it is. If you get what I mean ???
    At sailing clubs you set up in the car park which is normally nice grass and close to all the facilities and usually a bunch of similar motorhome people all together - thats one reason why I want one........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

good stuff suppose its right for you then, i enjoyed all my holidays in the motorhome. good in the sense if you have bambinos they can sit in the back like me and my evil little sister used too..... no more are we there yet are we there yet comments. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

may be a bit obvious,but surely best to ask if you can ck out some of the MH at your boat meets. i know we hd a great one when we toured canada,you just towed a small car,so when you hitch up at the site ,you just go out in the other car ..wonderful idea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information