User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exhaust emissions warning light on dash after being sat in traffic for a while?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Exhaust emissions warning light on dash after being sat in traffic for a while?

Further to my previous post about the warning light on the dash that relates to "exhaust emissions" coming on, I have another quick question.

I thought it may have had something to do with the CRD2 box the last time, so since then, the tuning box has been left off my car.

However, yesterday I got stuck in one of the worst traffic jams I've been in for months. Took around an hour to travel just under one mile!!!. Roadworks near me where they are putting a new roundabout in and they suddenly closed the entire road leading towards it for an afternoon.

Anyway, I stupidly didnt turn the ignition off at any point, just letting the thing idle and crawling a few feet forward every now and again. Temps rose and the fans cut in as per normal. But its the longest the car has been sat still and running for ages.

Anyway, finally gets past the roadworks and went to accelerate away and the car would not pull at all. Looked down and the warning light was on again and I was in "limp home" mode.

Parked up further down the road and waited for 20 mins with the battery disconnected. Turned it back on and everything was back to normal.

Now.....when I first posted last week about this light coming on, thinking back to it the car was in a very similar situation. We had just came through Glasgow on a Saturday afternoon and had been stuck in traffic for a long while as well.

So......is there a connection there between the engine heating up and idling at a standstill and the light coming on?.

I'm wondering if it was even anything to do with the CRD2 at all now?.

Anyone else had anything like this happen after being stuck in traffic for ages?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine did it once. Only once too. I switched off the engine and switched it back on. Never happened since. I think it may be worth while getting the fault codes read.
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Thread Information