18 78.26%
  • Bad Idea, What you thinking !!!

5 21.74%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Display Board for the VXRD

spoons

Default Show Display Board for the VXRD

<<Due to a Database Error... I'll type all this again >>

Whilst at car shows I've seen that some cars have display boards which show all the work thats been done and all the people involved. Its usually a 3 foot by 2 foot board placed in front of the car.

The display board usually has pictures, events, trophies, achievements etc, all relating to the show car involved.

Do you think this is a good idea, so that I can get one prepared for TRAX. I dont want to p!ss anyone off cos it will look like 'Spoons - Look at ME !!'. But it should draw more people onto the stand as its something else to look at...

....and I've got all the stickers for kids to recognise like Eibach, Bilstien, AP Racing, K&N AirFilters, Continental, Ferodo Racing, Nurburgring, Total Vauxhall Magazine, Goodridge etc etc.... so would be very colourful.

Also, I've seen those silver alloy car ramps that lift the car 4-5 inches off the ground for display purposes. Good idea, Bad idea ??

Just wondered if its worth putting the effort into making a display board before it gets rejected at the show.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personaaly I think all the cars are equal and 1 shouldn`t stand out from the crowd, so I would vote for nah, let the car do the talking !!

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    <<Due to a Database Error... I'll type all this again >>

Whilst at car shows I've seen that some cars have display boards which show all the work thats been done and all the people involved. Its usually a 3 foot by 2 foot board placed in front of the car.

The display board usually has pictures, events, trophies, achievements etc, all relating to the show car involved.

Do you think this is a good idea, so that I can get one prepared for TRAX. I dont want to p!ss anyone off cos it will look like 'Spoons - Look at ME !!'. But it should draw more people onto the stand as its something else to look at...

....and I've got all the stickers for kids to recognise like Eibach, Bilstien, AP Racing, K&N AirFilters, Continental, Ferodo Racing, Nurburgring, Total Vauxhall Magazine, Goodridge etc etc.... so would be very colourful.

Also, I've seen those silver alloy car ramps that lift the car 4-5 inches off the ground for display purposes. Good idea, Bad idea ??

Just wondered if its worth putting the effort into making a display board before it gets rejected at the show.

Without trying to big you up, i think for your car its a good idea, as your car is almost legendary.

As for the ramps, they are really for the showpiece car aren't they, you would need your car to be the Centrepiece of the stand IMO, which i certainly would have no problem with.

Go for it, i could do one for mine, just a bit of MDF, no pictures or words, covered in dirt would do mine justice!!!

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by BigMan View Post
    ....you would need your car to be the Centrepiece of the stand IMO, which i certainly would have no problem with.
    Nice idea, but I would never agree with this as there are too many lovely cars on the stand as it is.. it wouldnt be right.

I'm not suggesting that my car is the only one with a display board. Its just that there has to be a first as no-one else does it.

So much work goes into the cars and from the outside, you wouldnt know half of it !!

There is so much of a story to tell that people might find it more interesting to read about the history.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The display board would be a good idea Steve. You go for it, I don't have a problem with it and I'm sure admin won't either.

The ramps however would be best suited for a traders stand where they want to show a particular car. So they're not something that I personally would like to see on our stand. The same applies to members selling loads of parts; our stand isn't a car boot.

If however you'd like to place mirrors all round the underside of your car to show how clean it is, or place polished chequer plate under your wheels, that would look great.

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    The display board would be a good idea Steve. You go for it, I don't have a problem with it and I'm sure admin won't either.
    Thanks Alex
    The same applies to members selling loads of parts; our stand isn't a car boot.
    lol
    If however you'd like to place mirrors all round the underside of your car to show how clean it is
    I wouldnt know what the underside of my car looks like myself

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just knocked up a quick diagram of what I was going to have made for my car. Maybe you should do the same -

It goes under the front wheel so it stays upright.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try flex display, plex display or discount displays, they sell some nice info points and boards
    http://www.plexdisplay.com/index2.htm

http://www.discountdisplays.co.uk/

http://www.flexdisplay.co.uk/ these guys do diplays for VXRACING amonst many others

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good links Pete.

These ones are very cool - http://www.flexdisplay.co.uk/xpressi...s-displays.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a lot trade sign magazines through, which i just file (normally in the bin) as i have a part time sign business set up, If you ever need any signs or stickers etc made up let me know, i'll do them at cost, when i say cost i mean just materials and postage only. I'm still off sick at the mo though, so wont be going into the workshop for the next couple of weeks....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information