Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Another Yay!!!

Yesterday after 9 days, i have finally picked up my car
    So pics will be up withing the next few hours, once i have pictures

The only thing i never got with it was the manuals for the car & radio/sat nav...

But i played a little bit on the unfairness of it all an the wait, so they gave me a full tank of super unleaded & are getting me the books so i know how everything works(£38), i did try for the XP pack, but they wernt having that .
    But its better than nothing in my veiw.

Orion

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nice one mate, sounds great!

Are you pleased with it?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yea mate, got a permanent smile on my face every time i sit in it, if i could post on here an sit in the car id be a happy bunny!!!

The seats really hold me in better than my old VecB, and the power seems different....
    But just gettting used to it now, feels like im driving a lorry rather than the car, but thats mainly as im not used to it

Quick question tho, how does the cruise control work?
    Does it come on when in 5th gear an doing over a certain speed?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

Quote Originally Posted by mc_orion View Post
    Yea mate, got a permanent smile on my face every time i sit in it, if i could post on here an sit in the car id be a happy bunny!!!

The seats really hold me in better than my old VecB, and the power seems different....
    But just gettting used to it now, feels like im driving a lorry rather than the car, but thats mainly as im not used to it

Quick question tho, how does the cruise control work?
    Does it come on when in 5th gear an doing over a certain speed?

What engine/trim you got? The Vectra 'C' is generally regarded as a step upwards from the 'B', especially in ride, comfort and handling, but I'm happy to be shot down in flames, as I had an old Astra before my first 'C', and I'm now on my second.

Cruise control works in any gear from about 20mph. Not just for high-speed/high-gear cruising, not at all. It does not come on automatically, it is not an overdrive.

Press protruding button on side of left hand stalk and it's activated, clutch in or foot brake on and it's deactivated, and whilst it is active, each time you press either of the two buttons (the protruding one and the one below it) you can higher(top button)/lower (lower button) the cruising speed by about 1mph .

If you accelerate when in cruise, and then ease off it will return and remain at the set speed unless it is deactivated. To set it , go to your desired speed and press the t1t. It's all in the manual.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by john_k_sri; 31st August 2007 at 10:23. Reason: additions/corrections

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    What engine/trim you got? The Vectra 'C' is generally regarded as a step upwards from the 'B', especially in ride, comfort and handling, but I'm happy to be shot down in flames, as I had an old Astra before my first 'C', and I'm now on my second.
    In Ride and Comfort i would agree with you, but for out of the box handling, it dont even come close to the B's in my opinion(Only talking about SRi/GSI's). Look at how many people uprate the suspension on their C's to make it handle better, compared to how many do their B's. Vectra B handling, especially in the SRi/GSI models was awesome for a big car

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

" go to your desired speed and press the t1t. "

And he doesn't mean the missus!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cruise control works in any gear from about 20mph. Not just for high-speed/high-gear cruising, not at all. It does not come on automatically, it is not an overdrive.

Press protruding button on side of left hand stalk and it's activated, clutch in or foot brake on and it's deactivated, and whilst it is active, each time you press either of the two buttons (the protruding one and the one below it) you can higher(top button)/lower (lower button) the cruising speed by about 1mph .

If you accelerate when in cruise, and then ease off it will return and remain at the set speed unless it is deactivated. To set it , go to your desired speed and press the t1t. It's all in the manual.

Enjoy.
    Got the SRi trim, an cheers for explaining how it works........
    An have no manual atm, till they get it for me

Quote Originally Posted by BigMan View Post
    In Ride and Comfort i would agree with you, but for out of the box handling, it dont even come close to the B's in my opinion(Only talking about SRi/GSI's). Look at how many people uprate the suspension on their C's to make it handle better, compared to how many do their B's. Vectra B handling, especially in the SRi/GSI models was awesome for a big car
    Well i have a nice long drive to cambridge and back on saturday, so ill have a fel for the handling an ride on that drive, but at the moment it just feels strange, very new.

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    " go to your desired speed and press the t1t. "

And he doesn't mean the missus!!
    Thats why it wasnt working then!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your comments. Have only been a passenger in a GSI Vectra 'B' and would agree on the handling, but the ride was harsh compared with the current SRI, the standard fit '45' low-profile tyres didn't help, but it was stunning to look at and drive. TBH I believe the standard setup on the pre-facelift SRI like mine may well have been a trade-off between ride and handling, but it suits me fine.

On a humorous note, I know someone who had a GSI 'B' and who had a high-speed blowout on the motorway. She told me her immediate reaction was 'Chr1st, those cat's eyes are awful hard' until she got wind of a burning rubber smell from the rear tyre, the car had stayed in lane, and she was able to safely move across to the hard shoulder. How's that for handling?
    Last edited by john_k_sri; 31st August 2007 at 11:09. Reason: addition

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your comments. Have only been a passenger in a GSI Vectra 'B' and would agree on the handling, but the ride was harsh compared with the current SRI, the standard fit '45' low-profile tyres didn't help, but it was stunning to look at and drive. TBH I believe the standard setup on the pre-facelift SRI like mine may well have been a trade-off between ride and handling, but it suits me fine.
    I agree with you about the compromise between ride and handling. I wouldnt go back to a B now, after having my C for 9 months, although i did seriously consider it for a while. The C is a far better all round car, but there is just something about the SRi/GSI B's that i love. As you say, the 45 profile tyres could have something to do with it, the SRi's were on 16's and 55 profile tyres, which made the ride alot more comfortable, but still gave damn good cornering ability.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree with you about the compromise between ride and handling. I wouldnt go back to a B now, after having my C for 9 months, although i did seriously consider it for a while. The C is a far better all round car, but there is just something about the SRi/GSI B's that i love. As you say, the 45 profile tyres could have something to do with it, the SRi's were on 16's and 55 profile tyres, which made the ride alot more comfortable, but still gave damn good cornering ability.
    Yeh, never heard a bad word about the Vectra 'B' GSI or SRI . Emminently moddable too. One final point, I feel the standard suspension on the current Vectra has a great deal to do with safety.
    I had an episode not long after I got my first 'C', a 1.8 with standard (non-SRI) suspension.

Whacking towards the end of a motorway at about 75mph, and had to get into the leftmost lane for my exit, and went initially for a gap between 2 lorries, aborted the attempt (not enough room, I thought) and went for the last possible gap, as it turned out just as tight as the previous one, heavy braking down to 30 mph, changing down from 5th to second.

Upshot was by the time I got into the gap I'd lost it I thought and felt that in any other car I'd had before I would have ended upside down off the motorway, but the car handled it brilliantly. Must have been g-force I was experiencing. Unlike me the car remained stable. very impressive I will not be repeating that manoeuvre again.

Thread Information