Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Well Here it is

Diana Day #1

As you will know she died 10 yrs ago today, myself I have mixed feelings on her

I always felt she was one of those ppl that for want of a better word could be described as a teaser, her manner was to flirt with the press and then slam the door on them.

The press equally engrossed took her from a rather mumsy figure to what can only be described as Grace Kelly/Liz Taylor levels.

She was never right for Charles, and the family should have let him marry who he really wanted to regardless of her history.

Myself I always liked her spunk, I liked the way she didn't end up a protocol wh0re after the marriage ended.

IRL if she'd been your neighbour I think she'd have got on your nerves with the way she was, and the public put her on a pedestal way above the real person imo.

Still ppl have their dreams and memories, and if they want them to be all good ones, so be it.

Always remember, ppl get married and then they find they made a mistake, all sorts of things then happen, Charles has found and got who he always wanted, just think of it this way you want a Elite but the only model you can afford is an LS, you will still want the Elite, and Camilla it would seem was Charles' Elite, but he had to buy the VX220 1st but it's sporty manner didn't suit him at all.

The saddest part of it all is that Diana and Dodi lost their lives along with an "allegedly" drunk French man and the body guard has the facial scars for the rest of his life, and all because vanity didn't want a photo taken of them in the car that night, the press didn't kill them, they died by their own hand I'm afraid.

And for those who might not like what I've written think of it this way, Kate Moss' car comes down the road at 70mph being chased by a pack of photographers with no regard to anyone else on the road or pavement, what would you say of her if her car then crashed and she died?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I cant believe you mnaged to relate camilla and diana to cars?!?!

I personally think its sad not because of who she is but sad for the people left behind but to be honest aint that interested????

she was a kind person but theres lots of people round the world who do just as much good and kind deeds.

feel sorry for those left behind.

rob

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The woman has been dead for ten years.

I'm sorry to say, I wasn't overly bothered ten years ago, less so now. Yes it was a sad occurence as any accident that takes someone is, but all this public outpouring of grief from people who never met her, had nothing to do with her or hadn't benefitted directly from anything she did?

I just don't get people who can't seem to let it go and am sick of hearing about the whole thing.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I agree with AndrewTi.

I wasn't bothered at the time, and ten years later I am totally bored of the whole thing. We seem to drag it all up again for public inspection at the drop of a hat - WHY?

IMO it's not important, I've got MUCH better things to think about.

Why not divert all this attention and focus into something that could have a positive and beneficial outcome, instead of reliving a night ten years ago to investigate (again, and again !) who caused what and who did what and who didn't do whatever.
    Get over it and move on.

Placing people on pedestals is pointless and counter-productive.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

Totally agree with Ste.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTi View Post
    The woman has been dead for ten years.

I'm sorry to say, I wasn't overly bothered ten years ago, less so now. Yes it was a sad occurence as any accident that takes someone is, but all this public outpouring of grief from people who never met her, had nothing to do with her or hadn't benefitted directly from anything she did?

I just don't get people who can't seem to let it go and am sick of hearing about the whole thing.
    Couldn't be bothered to read this in detail but picked up on Andrews post scrolling down.

IT'S BEEN 10 YEARS. LET HER REST

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ditto!

She manipulated the press to suit her.

I felt sorry for the people she left behind, but I've got my own life to lead. I think these people who are still turning up with flowers etc have something missing in their own lives.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i remember waking up to the news on my 30th birthday (yes im 40 today) i had the experiance of speaking to her in Hyde park about 20yrs ago as a young Lance corporal in The Army,she just asked how long i had been in the army

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The thing that gets me is the same week 10 years ago, mother teresa died, but Dianas overshadowed hers by a long way.
    I would prefer if the press/news feeds actually did something for her rather than diana.
    I feel sorry for the family she left behind, but as MLC said she manipulated the press to suit, and encouraged them to follow her all over, we never think of the other 2 people that died in that tragic accident or of mother teresa.

Another thing that gets me is on the TV /Radio we get all these people that "shook" her hand 20/30 years ago and the press are asking them all about her as they were her closest advisors!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mc_orion View Post
    The thing that gets me is the same week 10 years ago, mother teresa died, but Dianas overshadowed hers by a long way.
    I would prefer if the press/news feeds actually did something for her rather than diana.
    You beat me to it, I don't think she got anywhere near the attention Mother Theresa deserved from the World Press when she died, it is so unfortunate she died within a week of Diana.

She had been peace keeping, and aid working long before Diana, wasn't there even talk of Saint Hood for her

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information