Righty me old chums we have one ebay scammer who needs to be taught a lesson .

Stumbled accross the sale of a range topping Rover 75 04 Reg SatNav, TV, leather etc etc. Now this was obviously a scam as he was offereing buy it now (not through ebay) of £3500 and there were some dodgy typo's/mistakes on his auction advert (he did have lots of good feedback though). So an email was duly sent to him, not via the "Contact the seller" link in ebay though as he said that it had a trojan and mailers to that address will get it too (lolololol, yeah right) but to a different address.

Anyway this is what I sent...

Hi,

Can you tell me if the car can be viewed and relavent checks undertaken.

Also can you tell me the reason why you are selling it for buy in now of £3500?

Thanks,
I got a reply of...

Dear sir,

First of all, thank you for your interest regarding my Rover .

Before we will go any further, I will like to tell you that I am located in Czech Republic and so is the car.

The price I expect to get for the car is 3500 GBP, wich also includes the shipping taxes.

The car is as described on eBay, in imaculate condition and it was also recently inspected in UK, before I moved here.

If you have any other questions about the car, feel free to ask and I will be glad to answer.

About the payment, we will go through a secure way, and we will make the deal with ebay safety department. If you agree with the terms so far and you are interested to buy the car, please let me know, and I will make the arrangements and the safety department will contact you regarding the deal.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards !
Now, being the gullable type I decided to reply back ...

Excellent, I see why the car is so cheap now! I am interested in purchasing your car, please let me know how you intend to proceed.

Regards,
He then sent me...

Hello,

I will make the arrangements with ebay and they will send you everything you need to know. Please get back to me and let me know asap after they will contact you some we can make the final arrangements..

Regards !
Then later I get an email which is spoofed with all the ebay logo's etc asking to pay the money via Western Union, is this guy for flipin real or what!

Right the question is guy's (and gals), what ingenious ways can you think of to get one over on him!????

L.