User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh no!! Ive had a really bad day!! Lucky to be alive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh no!! Ive had a really bad day!! Lucky to be alive!

Well here is a story that will put the fear of god into you or make you laugh!!

To me it DID put the fear of god into me,it really shook me up..

On a lovely Sunday morning me and the family decided to take a trip to the sea in the vectra! The sun was shining and the mood was great! We decided to take the dog too! Well!, everybody was getting ready for the trip when i decided to put the dog into the car..I put the dog into the car and TOLD here to stay and be a good girl and STAY there and be still! (as you know dogs never listen to a word you say!!!!!!!)

At this point my vectra was parked onto our drive, our drive is on a steep incline as shown!

So i put the dog into the car, and then to my complete horror i heard a 'click' sound! OH MY GOD THE DOG HAD MANANGED TO SIT ON THE HANDBRAKE AND LET THE BRAKE OFF AND THE CAR WAS MOVING AND GOING QUITE A SPEED!!:doublesho :doublesho

By this time i was walking away from the car having just put the dog in,i quickly grabbed the passenger door and tried to slow the car down as it was on its way towards the road and more importantly the 2 big stones which were opposite our house on the house accross the road and HER HOUSE!!!

The car dragged me down the the drive and scraped all my legs and limbs down the bottom of the drive!! I just could not jump in the passenger seat and pull on the handbrake on because it happened all too quickly!! Okay so i was on my way to the bottom of the drive and then it happened (while i was still hanging on!!) it hit the kerb and bounced up about 4 ft and the car launched itself onto the two huge stones!! Everything stopped!! It was quiet!!
    Luckily the stones stopped the car (and me) from blasting into the house opposite! Oh my god i was so shakin up at this time!! I managed to drag myself from under the car and getting my leg out from which is was about 1 inch away from the wheel!! I got up and looked around the car!!

OH F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Various scrapes to the bumper,sills etc..The bumper will need painting,the sills are only plastic and they have cracked on both sides,they was a scrape in the floor well underneath but it only scraped the underseal off!!
    I tried to free the car by starting it up and freeing it off the stones but with no luck at all! I had to jack up the car and free the stones by my bear hands on both sides! The car just launched itself onto the white stones and it was well and truly stuck!

I did eventually free the car and park her up to access the damage! By this time the dog was still in the ****ing car in the driving seat sitting up with here ****ing ears up!! DOGS HOME FOR YOU *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GET THE F*** OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My legs and hands are cut and grazed and i was lucky it did not drag me under it and roll over me!! It could have easily killed me or broken a few bones!!

And do you know folks that no F****** come out to see if we were ok! 1 ***** came out and asked if she wanted to borrow here jeep to pull me out!! Replied - NO IVE GOT MY OWN ****ING JEEP - **** OFF!! And then a old guy passed me by and said 'are you ok Mark' - Replied - yeah im fine Reg!!!!
    **** OFF!!!!!!! Some people just dont give a S***!!!!!!!

And now on to the damage

as you can see this is where the car rolled to and lodged itself onto the rocks at the bottom

Underneath

OH NO!

As you see some scrapes and scratches!! From this moment i just can not believe that the dog could have let th handbrake off!! The handbrake in vectras are not the best TBH as they have a slanted release button on them, so i guess she just sat on it and away she went! If only i had put it in gear!!! As a rule a always put it in gear every time i park it!! Oh well you live and learn!

And yes i did feed the dog the night before!!!

Just a few tips here folks, if you have a steep drive please put it in gear and never let your dog jump around in the car..

A very sore Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt the dog even touched it, it's the ****ty handbrakes in these cars. i would get onto vauxhall about their recent "there's nothing wrong with the handbrake" letter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jeesus sounds scary, glad yer ok and its all cosmetic, was the dog shaken up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sotonjames View Post
    jeesus sounds scary, glad yer ok and its all cosmetic, was the dog shaken up?
    The dog was fine,just glad the daughter was no where near the car..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fookin hell mate, glad you got away with just a few scratches to the car and you, could of been a lot worse if it had dragged you under it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet your heart missed a beat or three, glad you are ok, It could have been worse if your car had hit the house opposite, in one way it was a good job the stone where there to stop you, may be that was the idea of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaninacupboard View Post
    I doubt the dog even touched it, it's the ****ty handbrakes in these cars. i would get onto vauxhall about their recent "there's nothing wrong with the handbrake" letter!
    Do you reckon i should tell Vauxhall about this??? Who do i contact??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you are ok, thats the main thing.

My Vec rolled down our drive a few weeks ago and into the street.

Came out my front door to find it sat blocking the whole street off right in the middle of the road.

Luckily, the drive is not that steep and it had just gently rolled down backwards and parked itself in the middle of the street, no damage done thankfully.

And yeah, the handbrake was on.

I normally park it in gear but this one time I had forgot to do so.

I always do it now of course!!!

It's about time Vauxhall admit there's something not quite right with the handbrakes on these cars, although it appears that they simply will not admit anything untoward is going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very lucky escape mate. Glad its only paint. No broken bones etc.
    I saw a citroen BX roll down a drive with the passenger door open. The kids had let the handbrake off. The door took a wall out.

I'd get in and write that letter to VX! that could have been soooooo much worse!
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least you and your family are ok thats what matters. As above get onto VX and get it sorted...........................Oh and go buy some new underwear

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information