Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default CD30mp3 trouble reading mp3-discs

After loading a mp3-disc (made by me), the displays shows "Read CD" for minutes. Usually it gives up, and the radiostation is taking over.

Also: When I try to unload the mp3-disc, it seems that this task is demanding to long time, so the radiostation is (here also) taking over (and the disc stays inside).

I've tried many, many different ways to burn my mp3-CD's. With ID3-tag, without ID3-tag, saving the mp3-files directly in root, saving the mp3-files in folders, called them different things, e.g. time after time.mp3 or just 01.mp3, called the folders different things, e.g. lovsongs, or just 001 and so on and combinations of the different ways. Also I've tried different types of CD-brands.

The CD-player works fine with common CD-discs (both originals and copied). (This in fact tells me that the CD-brand is OK to use.)

What am I missing out? The manual says that the CDs must be formatted according to ISO 9669 Level 1 or Level 2, whatever that means. I've searched the Internet in and out and up and down - can't seem to find any information about this "ISO 9669".

I've tried both using the regular WinXP-buringprocedure, but also tried using NERO.

Anyone who could help me with this?

Below you can see what the display looks like. :confused:

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vx/Opel units don't like non gen discs mate, there's a bit about it in the manual. hth.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Insignia

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : 2.0 CDTI

Year : 2011

Try burning them at lower speeds and don't use CD-RW's

It takes some time to load, but minutes is to long. It depends of the number of files and/or folders.
    Have you tried a disc with only 2 or three files on it to test it? Other brands of CD-R's?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had similar hassles with my CDR2005 unit in my Vec.

Once I managed to eventually get it to play, it skipped all over the place.

Managed to cure it by using the highest quality recordable CDR's I could find and then, the important bit.......burning the music to CDR at the slowest speed possible using Nero.

This seemed to work fine.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

Quote Originally Posted by bjorn100 View Post
    After loading a mp3-disc (made by me), the displays shows "Read CD" for minutes. Usually it gives up, and the radiostation is taking over.

Also: When I try to unload the mp3-disc, it seems that this task is demanding to long time, so the radiostation is (here also) taking over (and the disc stays inside).

I've tried many, many different ways to burn my mp3-CD's. With ID3-tag, without ID3-tag, saving the mp3-files directly in root, saving the mp3-files in folders, called them different things, e.g. time after time.mp3 or just 01.mp3, called the folders different things, e.g. lovsongs, or just 001 and so on and combinations of the different ways. Also I've tried different types of CD-brands.

The CD-player works fine with common CD-discs (both originals and copied). (This in fact tells me that the CD-brand is OK to use.)

What am I missing out? The manual says that the CDs must be formatted according to ISO 9669 Level 1 or Level 2, whatever that means. I've searched the Internet in and out and up and down - can't seem to find any information about this "ISO 9669".

I've tried both using the regular WinXP-buringprocedure, but also tried using NERO.

Anyone who could help me with this?

Below you can see what the display looks like.

It may be useful to see if commercially-produced MP3 discs work. If they do, yours are incompatible; if they don't your player is faulty.

I have pasted in the following from 'Help' in Nero 7, appertaining to ISO 9660, (I believe you were referring to ISO 9960) with references to Level 1 and Level 2. They relate to file naming conventions, and the maximum number of interleaved levels.

ISO 9660

ISO 9660 is a file system that was designed with the aim of creating a file system that is as system-independent and so as compatible as possible. CDs with ISO 9660 as the file system can be read on all operating systems.
    ISO 9660 supports filenames in 8.3 format in Level 1 (8 characters for the filename and 3 for the extension) and directory names 8 characters long. Only characters A-Z, 0-9 and the underscore (_) are allowed. The maximum interleaf depth is restricted to 8 levels (including root directory).

A total of 31 characters are allowed in Level 2 and can be read by Windows 95 and higher, whereas DOS and Windows 3.1 usually have trouble handling the long filenames.

It seems likely that if you have used Nero to create your disks, any ISO format errors would have been captured by Nero, and the opportunity provided for you to rectify them. I can't be sure, but I think that the 'mp3' file extension is automatically added by your burning software. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by john_k_sri; 25th August 2007 at 17:37. Reason: corrections

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

I agree with what's been said about lowering the burning speed. Also if you don't already do so, test your homemade mp3 discs on a domestic mp3-compatible CD player or any DVD player, not just on your pc.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I make an mp3 disc, I just put the disc in the drive and drag and drop files from my music library, then click "write files to disc"
    My CD30 mp3, takes a few moments longer to read an mp3 disc and I have normally started the engine and am just pulling away before the music starts whereas with a CD it plays almost instantly.
    Currently using Kodak discs i got in tesco. HTH

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Confused, but closer. Need more help and tips :-)

Thanks for trying to help me out. Now I've tried everything that you through this thread recommended.
    I've bought four more brands of CDs, both expensive and cheap. I've burned in loooow spead (tested my patient). Also I've checked that the disc's are OK in other players. They are. I've tried to burn my CDs on other computers and also in other versions of Windows.

What I've gained so far, is to get the CD30mp3-player to show in display what I am listening to. I tried different ways of using NERO. Also I've discovered that I have to be logged on as Administrator to get all NERO's futures to work.

Anyway, nothing of the above mentioned helped me out. So I had to try other ways, and I accidentally tried to make a disc with NERO this way: "What would you like to burn, Music, Audio and Data CD". I started out as usual: One song in root. What this option did, was waking up my display, but as you can see from the pictures below, it automatically created a bunch of files in different folders, and it is NOT mp3 (although the file I choosed at my computer really IS a mp3-file). Anyways, happy that the display tells med what my ears are listening to, no discspace is saved, because the files is not compressed. Actually, they are decompressed. This means that the CD only can contain approx. 1,5 original-CD's. It sort of becomes a "copy" of the original, since the mp3's ar decompressed. Needless to say, I want the mp3-size on my files, this way I can have more artists on one mp3-CD.

Pictures below: You can see how the CD is build that works with the display. But, the mp3-sign is (correctly) not showing.

This is the root of the CD. It contains two folders.

The first folder is containing this file.

The second folder is containg these files.

Playing the CD in my Vectra, shows this:
    As you can see: The "mp3" is not showing in the display. This make sense, it really isn't mp3 that is beeing played.

Last edited by bjorn100; 2nd September 2007 at 20:34. Reason: Explained the pictures.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hey, john_k_sri.
    This was really helpful to get me to understand what this ISO-things is about. Thank you. But I'm not quite there yet.
    Last edited by bjorn100; 2nd September 2007 at 20:30. Reason: Edited.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Firstly,if you use the option to create an audio cd in nero ,it will convert the mp3 to ordinary music and only let you fit approw 20 tracks on this disc.Your car player should read and play these discs but there not in mp3 format.

Have you made sure you have finalized the disc in mp3 format?

Failing that it sounds like your player is goosed.Is it under warranty?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information