Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unhappy I can't believe what I'm reading

Hi Everyone,

As the title says, I just read about the poor little lad & his family in Croxteth & it nearly moved me to tears.

Hug your little ones & families when you get back today (I know I will), they are more precious than anything.

The problems we face daily & moan about mean absolutley nothing in comparison to things people have to face.

It hit home as they are such a normal family like many of us & the poor lad was on his way back from footy much like my son & many others do.

Please don't turn this thread into a blame the govt, this & that.

Just spare them a thought & hope that somehow they get through this absolute hell.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you can't imagine what they will be going through...........

my thoughts are with them as well..........

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 55000

It was very couragous of them to go in front of the camera,s on TV last night to talk about their son. It is one thing you would never expect to happen to your child on his way home. My heart goe,s out to them, we can not even think of what they are going through at the moment.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Morning ion,

I have to totally agree with you; everyone in Liverpool is gutted that something like this has happened to a young lad.

Unfortunately in Liverpool kids grow up wanting to be gangsters(not yobs); on a regular basis i see M3's, M5's, X5's, S3's and even S4's with groups of lads in only about 20 years old running around doing dodgey deals.

It makes me frustrated as the real people from Liverpool and the City itself are fantastic.

Anyway my thoughts & prayers are with the famaily and freinds.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mushy2007 View Post
    Morning ion,

I have to totally agree with you; everyone in Liverpool is gutted that something like this has happened to a young lad.

Unfortunately in Liverpool kids grow up wanting to be gangsters(not yobs); on a regular basis i see M3's, M5's, X5's, S3's and even S4's with groups of lads in only about 20 years old running around doing dodgey deals.

It makes me frustrated as the real people from Liverpool and the City itself are fantastic.
    That is so true

On this occasion it's not the governments fault anyway, if there is any blame it's an indirect result of video media originally giving an education of fast money and fast life.

Anyway getting back to it I heard the mum on the radio, and indeed she shows great steel at this time and I can imagine just how empty she feels and will feel for the rest of her life, and as above I add my condolences to the whole family.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I dont think you can blame TV (although its the easy way out) its the fluffy PC culture we live in and the lack of discipline and respect for others. Parents need to take responsibility for their kids and not as a way of getting a house and more social.

Note.
    for those who blame TV and shoot em up computer games, think back to the last two world wars, we sent young men into the pits of hell or bombed their children of our once great cities and thy all turned out ok and did not run around shooting and stabbing children or beeating to death an adult for telling them t pick up the rubbish they had just dropped.
    the easy answer is sterlise all the scummers roaming our streets so we dont have to deal with there offspring 14 years from now. not very democratic i know JUST REMEMBER YOU CAN BE BANNED FROM HAVING PETS!!!!!
    Last edited by Caterman; 24th August 2007 at 15:46. Reason: Poor attempt at a joke!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

The above comment is not helpful, (Now Edited!) neither is it helpful to imply that a whole city and its young people behave like yobs and embrace a gun culture. The same problem exists in all our major cities to a greater or lesser extent, and is evidence of a malaise that is sweeping this country and others.

That apart, I broadly agree with the sentiments already expressed by others.
    Last edited by Caterman; 24th August 2007 at 15:47. Reason: to tidy the thread

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    The above comment is not helpful, neither is it helpful to imply that a whole city and its young people behave like yobs and embrace a gun culture. The same problem exists in all our major cities to a greater or lesser extent, and is evidence of a malaise that is sweeping this country and others.

That apart, I broadly agree with the sentiments already expressed by others.
    Agreed, we get stabbings on a regular basis here, no guns yet, but it won't be long

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

The response of this and previous governments has been too reactive and not proactive enough. The root of the problems lies in the lack of family values and a proper education and a society and a government that doesn't care who falls by the wayside in terms of making something of themselves. In practice it is virtually impossible to force parents to bring up their children properly, as the rot set in one or two generations ago, and values which are now considered unacceptable were passed down from generation to generation. Todays young people are the product of modern thinking and values where, for sections of our society, there is no place for self-respect or respect for others.

The education system has been fiddled with to the extent that for far too many of our young people it no longer serves to prepare them for adult life. Young newly-qualified teachers, who are not allowed to discipline their charges, think that there is little wrong with the quality of today's education because they themselves are a product of it.

Too many do-gooders, psychologists and social workers amongst others have had their way in helping to erode family values with the inevitable results we have now. The police are not allowed to police, teachers are not allowed to teach, and they are being told how to do their jobs by people who have never taught or policed. barmy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wanted to write something similar to that John, and I have to agree again, and add that if ppl watch kids tv they will be amazed at how violent it's become, also at school they are all taught to win at all costs, so you end up with a kid that doesn't know how to lose gracefully, back on the media thing, I know of 8 yr olds who play GTA and similar games, and allowed to watch adult violent movies, add to ppl like Danny Dyer living up to his screen image and you have a very bad influence working against you, Pete Doherty is another one, his message is act like an idiot and destroy yourself, and all this info is freely available to kids in the newspaper and tv, even football cheats are contributing to it, their message is if you have to cheat to win it's ok.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information