Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default can someone help?

hoping someone can help on here.I have got a signum elite 1.9cdti 150 and a 1.7dti astra.The problem lies with the astra.The ecu unit on top of the engine has two multi pin plug sockets and everytime i take the one nearest the front of the car off its always full of what looks like diesel....it seems to be baffling everyone as to where it is coming from as all around the plug it is bone dry??!! I was doing about 85mph the other day and all of a sudden there was a loss of power...feeling very lumpy...then em light came on...then puff of smoke out the rear......light then went out and it drove fine again........dont know if that is connected...but two garages cant undrstand it and one is a vaux dealer.....I don't know which direction to take now so any help would be much apreciated

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

there was a prob a while back on the 1.7 ecu's where the gel inside the plug housing on the harness was melting causing the liquid like deposit in the ecu, if i remember tomorrow i will have a look at work and see if i can find the relavant paperwork. Oh here it is :-)

Corsa-C, Combo, Meriva 2004 To 2005 - Engine Type: Z17DTH

Engine Stalls - Trouble Code P0093 maybe Set In ECU

Customer complains about the following symptoms:

1) Engine stalls during driving

2) Engine does not start

3) Engine starts but will not respond to throttle pedal

This occurs at high ambient temperatures and is due to the gel within the ECU plug melting, contaminating the pin connector and creating a poor electrical contact. This affects the rail pressure signal resulting in trouble code P0093 being set.

A new engine wiring harness has been introduced in production as of the following engine numbers:

Corsa C, Combo as of 11.7.2005: Z17DTH1357491

Meriva (100 A alternator without auxiliary heater) as of 13.7.2005: Z17DTH1359428

Meriva (110 A alternator with auxiliary heater) as of 1.7.2005: Z17DTH1340705

In case of customer complaint, proceed as follows:

Before any repair, conduct a fuel leak test with TECH 2. This loads the fuel line with 180MPa, compared with 35 MPa in idling conditions. Check visually for any fuel leaks. If a leak is found, repair according to TIS 2000 instructions.

1) Take fuel pressure valve reading at engine stop condition with TECH 2. If it is more than 1MPa, replace the engine wiring harness

2) If the vehicle had no throttle response right after the engine was started, replace the engine wiring harness.

3) If the engine stalled and TC P0093 occurred at high load condition, replace the rail. The pressure limiter on the rail opens at over 211 MPa and Tech 2 reads 180 MPa in the fuel line. If the pressure limiter opens between those pressures, the ECU may set TC P0093 and stop the engine.

Note: If 2) or 3) are not clearly identifiable, contact TAC for guided root cause analysis.

Note: With the new wiring harness, the electrical plug for the swirl actuator was deleted. This feedback signal was never used by the ECU, therefore, it was decided to delete the aforementioned plug from the wiring harness. The vacuum line must still be connected to the vacuum box.

Part Numbers:

Corsa C, Combo: Part No: 55560210 / Kat No: 62 84 479

Meriva (100 A alternator): Part No: 55560212 / Kat No: 62 84 480

Meriva (110 A alternator): Part No: 55560213 / Kat No: 62 84 478

TIS Number: E0002095

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

booking car in soon,seems to think it may be diesel coming up through the cores in some wiring but i will post the outcome in a week or so.....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, I think I'm having the same problem with my 2005 Opel Combo 1.7 CDTI (with Z17DTH engine). The serial number of my engine indicates it's one of those with the wiring harness problem. What is the process of removing the wiring harness from the socket of the ECU unit to check if the connecting pins are contaminated? I do not want to break any of the connectors just in case, so any instructions will be appreciated... thanks, Choong

Thread Information