Thread: Rim Refurb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Rim Refurb

Anyone out there know of a good place to get my rims done up here Bradford/Leeds way? And what sort of price am i looking at? Need to get all 4 done as the lacquer is goinf and they have been kerbed as well. Am fortunate enough to have a set of Irmscher Spectra Sports Line (the ones with the screws around the inside) so don't really want to change them. And anyone know if they are actually split rims or are the screws just for show?
    Ta

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    Anyone out there know of a good place to get my rims done up here Bradford/Leeds way? And what sort of price am i looking at? Need to get all 4 done as the lacquer is goinf and they have been kerbed as well. Am fortunate enough to have a set of Irmscher Spectra Sports Line (the ones with the screws around the inside) so don't really want to change them. And anyone know if they are actually split rims or are the screws just for show?
    Ta
    Hi Mate,

If they are split rims, then very few wheel places will touch them, or at least seperate them. mate of mine had BBS RM's on a Golf Rallye, and they were a pig to get done.

Anyway, back to the question..

I just had my standard SRi rims Face Refurb'd by a bloke with one of them mobile vans that does it outside your house. Cost me £150 and he did a damn good job, a lot better than i thought he would TBH. Pristine Wheels were gonna charge me the best part of £400 for a full refurb. Wold be worth contacting one of mobile smart repairer's IMO.

Regular Member David_SRi_2.2DTi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    Ta
    ...I second this and I'm not 20 minutes from you mate so I'd be interested in any recommendations, I've got the stock SRI 17's but two have been kerbed badly by the previous owner.

The dealer where I got the car offered a refurb service, but at £70 per corner. I only need two looking at so I'd be interested in what you find out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well chaps, I have exchanged emails with a company called Smart Tech ( http://www.smart-repairers.co.uk/ ) who have quoted me £60 per wheel to polish and rebuils the rims plus £15 if the middles need re-doing. They seem to think that these are split rims hence the two bits of the quote.
    However, I have also just found this place (http://www.mssltd.org.uk/ ) which sound more promising as they look like they do the full works rather than just a touch-up and repaint. So am about to see how much they will charge.

Thread Information