Thread: Lowereing Help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Lowereing Help?

Hi guys ive got 40mm lowering springs for my car, is there any special tools i need to change the springs over? and is there anything i need to watch out for while doing the spring change?
    Cheers Guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

cant help ...but good luck .......the only spanner I know is the manager at work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

all I know is you will need spring compresser's just be careful when you compress the spring's they can do a bit of damage if they slip. Hope this help's
    Last edited by Jay Kay 313; 12th August 2007 at 14:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lowers my sri a little while ago, not that big a job, as above u will need spring clamps. the rear was quite easy, i just droped the rear wheel off, undone the bolt a the bottom of the hub an the lower arm will move down, got a mate to push it down further then jus lifted the old spring out an put in the new one, then jus bolted the arm back in2 place. had th bk on stands an used the trolly jack to lift the arm up in2 place, made it easier.

the front wasnt 2 bad bit more complicated, without goin out 2 the car i think its 3 small bolts at the top of the (inside the engine bay) and the 2 bolt holding it 2 the hub, an the 1 not that attaches the shock assemble to drop link ( i think lol), again i supported the car on stands and used the jack to raise an lower the hub to make it easier. i found the if you took of the nut for the drop link first it was easier the the bottom an top.

once you hav the spring clamped you have to remove all the parts from the top of the shock, think its 21 mm nut maybe 22 mm, and a torxs bit to stop the inner part of the shock movin, i jus used a socket an griped it with vice grips an put the trox bit down throu it with a t-bar. once its off jus remove the old spring an put it all back together lol. its that simple lol.

first car i every done took a few hours, nw i can do it in but 45 til 60 mins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    cant help ...but good luck .......the only spanner I know is the manager at work
    hahahaha quality

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Kay 313 View Post
    all I know is you will need spring compresser's just be careful when you compress the spring's they can do a bit of damage if they slip. Hope this help's
    bought them yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by NI-2.2SRI View Post
    lowers my sri a little while ago, not that big a job, as above u will need spring clamps. the rear was quite easy, i just droped the rear wheel off, undone the bolt a the bottom of the hub an the lower arm will move down, got a mate to push it down further then jus lifted the old spring out an put in the new one, then jus bolted the arm back in2 place. had th bk on stands an used the trolly jack to lift the arm up in2 place, made it easier.

the front wasnt 2 bad bit more complicated, without goin out 2 the car i think its 3 small bolts at the top of the (inside the engine bay) and the 2 bolt holding it 2 the hub, an the 1 not that attaches the shock assemble to drop link ( i think lol), again i supported the car on stands and used the jack to raise an lower the hub to make it easier. i found the if you took of the nut for the drop link first it was easier the the bottom an top.

once you hav the spring clamped you have to remove all the parts from the top of the shock, think its 21 mm nut maybe 22 mm, and a torxs bit to stop the inner part of the shock movin, i jus used a socket an griped it with vice grips an put the trox bit down throu it with a t-bar. once its off jus remove the old spring an put it all back together lol. its that simple lol.

first car i every done took a few hours, nw i can do it in but 45 til 60 mins.

cheers m8 your a star, the car will be lowered 2moz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

jus rembered the drop link is a 18 r 19 mm spanner an socket, the spanner will go between the bracket an the drop link to stop it turning, an jus a socket to undo the nut, use the jack to raise an lower the hub to take the pressure off the drop link, makes it easier, an put it on last, when putting it back together, after the top 3 bolts an the 2 hub bollts.

hope this kinda helps lol, gud luck, cnt wait to c the finshed pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers m8

Thread Information