Thread: vx have cocked up but wot should i do

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down vx have cocked up but wot should i do

i put my car into the dealers last friday to have a vxr front splitter and a roof spoiler supplied by e-styling painted and fitted. after leaving the car with them all day, got a call late afternoon saying they had done the front one but when fitting the roof one, the paint had cracked so they wanted it back in today.
    i picked up a courtesy car last night (agila are pants), and left mine, i contacted them at 3.30 this afternoon to check everything was ok and was told it would be ready for 5.
    10 minutes later got call back saying the car would not be ready til tommorrow as they have FOUND a scratch and are gonna repair it free whilst they have some spare paint. (nice people). t me it sounds like they have done it and are covering theyre tracks,
    my question is wot do i do about it in the morning when i go pick it up?
    any damage that was done, either scartch or other, will have been fixed, so i wont know the extent of the damage and obviously they will sya it was just a light scrape!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It'd take longer to fix if it was anything more than a scratch tbh, at least they've held their hand up and going to put it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As above. Just ask them straight out, what have they repaired? If you're not happy, leave it there and return home in their car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

or go and have a look at the garage to see if you can see your car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Fiat

Trim : Panda 100HP

Engine : 1.4

Year : 08

Also tell the garage you want time to examine the car under your own conditions,i.e at home where you normally see the car not where they think it looks best!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hang on, credit where its due, a dealer admitting a mistake and putting it right. Sounds great to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Beware

Hopefully they have been honest with you but consider trying to see the damage before repair.

A mate of mine left his meganne in for diagnostics when he felt there was a bump coming from the rear shocks.

When he went to collect it that night he was asked to wait until the service manager could speak with him. Manager apologised and informed my mate that a mechanic had had a bit of an accident in his car and that they would need to keep the car til the end of the week to efffect full repairs.

Long story short, they had it for nearly 5 weeks and my mate sought the services of a solicitor. His enquiries revealed that just about every panel and trim ahead of the windscreen had to be replaced. Needless to say he was not amused and now wonders about the severity of the damage and the future value of his vehicle.

He is now in conversation with renault to ensure he does not lose out when he changes the car but he bitterly regretts not asking to see his car.

Hopefully yours won't be just as bad.

BJR

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As it's too late to see what the 'scratch' is, definitely dig deep tomorrow to see find out exactly what happened and what they've done. It must've happened when they had it, otherwise they'd never fix a scratch on a car out of the goodness of their heart! Why couldn't they just say it got scratched instead of some **** and bull about 'finding' a scratch?!!!

Make sure you find out exactly the area thwy have repaired and give it a real close inspection. If it's not up to scratch (no pun intended!!) then simply tell them they have to sort it properly. Any imperfect repairs are going to show up like a sore thumb on your black car.

Which dealer was it BTW? Evans Halshaw?

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rob 2.2dti View Post
    Hang on, credit where its due, a dealer admitting a mistake and putting it right. Sounds great to me.
    well they havent really, they say they FOUND a scratch which they would repair!

no it was drive at redcar, theyve done other work on my previous car and never had a problem. mind they were gonna fitt the roof spoiler without washing it. there was about 4 dollops of bird droppings that would have been covered!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like the best you will get out of them. Even though they did not actually say they had scratched the car they have pointed it out and are repiaring it. Much better than you finding it later and trying to put the blame on them as well as get it sorted for free.

A few Years ago I had a Vectra B V6SRI estate. I collected it from the dealer, brand new and noticed that the roof spoiler, that is a standard fit, was not on. I pointed this out and they accepted that it would be fitted as soon as they could get one delivered to Germany where I was on route to as I was living there at the time. When it came in I dropped the car off and was told it would take two days to de fitted. On the morning of the second day I received a call from the garage stating that the delivery van had smashed into the rear of my brand new car and that they would have to keep it longer now as it needed a replacement bumper, rear hatch and rear window not to mention another rear spoiler.

Not that they could have said it was like that when I dropped it off but at least they told me the truth instead of just saying there was a delay with the spoiler or something and doing the repairs without my knowledge.

I would just accept that they have done a bit of damage, ask where abouts on the car it was and inspect it closely. If you are not happy then point it out and tell them that it has to be re done so that it is perfect, just like it was when you dropped it off there in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information