Thread: how vx ******d me 2.0t

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default how vx ******d me 2.0t

Obviously most of you guy's on here know the problems I have had with my car from day one here is a small video on what happens when they don't fit a turbo manifold properly!

Question to ask would this flex the manifold out of shape and would I need to get a new catalysist and possibly whole new exhaust manifold complete, spoke to vauxhall customer care and sent this videos to them the guy I have had some dealings with before who is really decent bloke is appauld by the workmanhip and is dealing with the garage on my behalf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc7hCIq0poI
    Last edited by rickyroo; 7th August 2007 at 16:12. Reason: wrong link

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

cracking video evidence you have there mate, hope all is sorted out for you soon and you also get a massive massive appology from the dealers who have carried out this shoddy work

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's shocking!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know tell me about it duncan you can see if you look closely at the begining of the video the petrol vapour expanding over the turbo housing.
    I'm going for a fight at the stealers tommorow and win win win situation i think.
    Money rembursment coming my way I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

If it wasn't so serious it would be laughable m8. How any "technician" worth his salt could do a job like that is totally beyond me. They should be thinking of a new career i think

Go give 'em hell !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

ferking hell mate........that is shambolic.............hope you give them hell m8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Update Garage Completed The Fitting Correctly This Time As Stood And Watched Them Then Banned Me From The Dealership For Complaining To Vx Directly, Which Annoyed Me Until I Told Main Vauxhall And They Were Not Happy With Their Decision And Are Sending A Team Of Inspectors To The Dealership Who If Are Not Satisfied That The Mechanics Are Qualified To Their Standards Will Shut The Dealership Until They Are. Ha Ha Ha He Who Laughs Last Laughs The Hardest "f" "u" Greenhaus Vx

Car Has Been To Steve Thompsons In Walsall 15mins It Took Him To Find A Possible Cause Of My Faults And It's A Poor Earth Upon Engine And Ecu. He Earthed Ecu Flashed Software And It Got Considerably Better.
    Still Get 2.5vdc Upon Engine Head Though Instead Of 0vdc, Going To Earth Out Tommorow And See How I Go, Hope Not Coil Packs Going, Really Decent Guys At Steve Thopson Vx, Shame 12mounths At Greenhouses Couldn't Find A 30sec Earth Fault With Multimeter.
    Good Ridins To Bad Rubbish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

hope the to$$ers get shut down....and glad you got it sorted out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah, at least it sounds like you're finely getting somewhere !!!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just came across this thread again while searching for one of your previous posts. After Mark and I fitted the Stage 3 kit, including a new downpipe, I noticed I was getting a slight wisp of exhaust gas from part of the join between the downpipe and turbo connection - noticed that this part had a slightly larger gap than the rest. As it went once the engine had been running for a short while it was obviously sealing properly as the metal expanded. I thought I'd have a go on Saturday at seeing if I could improve the fixing a bit - just 'cos I'm a perfectionist! It's an absolute bu**er to get access, and tighten, up the particular nut as all different parts get in the way. You can't put a socket on as the downpipe stops it seating properly, a ratchet spanner won't fit as the head is that bit bigger than a normal ring spanner. An open spanner won't fit for the same reason - all that fitted was a ring spanner but the problem there was that it was difficult to get the movement required (due to the handle fouling on the firewall part) to then get the spanner back to get it back over the nut - ended up approaching it from underneath where the angle was just enough to do this. Slackened off the other nuts first, then tightened them up a bit at a a time. Ended up with a better seal, but there is still the ever so slightest whiff of gas as it warms up (and I mean just for a second) and then it goes. I'm sure this is probably perfectly normal and no problem whatsover.

Looking at your video again, I agree that it's not good as you've got constant leaking of exhaust gases, but at the end of the day I wouldn't have thought it would have knackered the turbo or caused a problem - all it was is some exhaust gases escaping at that point instead of going down the exhaust pipe and escaping there.

Also, you mentioned in your video about there being a bolt missing on part of the turbo. Mine is exactly the same, and I don't think my turbo has ever been removed. Unless it had something done to it in it's first 4,000 miles when the dealer had it as a demonstrator (highly unlikey), all it's had is a new Boost Pressure sensor and I'm sure the turbo wouldn't have needed removed for that - so it looks like it's perfectly normal, for whatever reason. Pic of mine.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information