Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused service advice needed

Just bought a Vec 1.8 sxi 2004 and service book shows the next service is due now but when i press milometer button it tells me that a service is required in 8000 miles??? Can anyone shed any light on what i should do,the car has done 78,000 the last service was done at 54,000 as the book states,rang the fleet company who owned the car before me and they couldn't tell me if had a service recently,know that the cambelt should be changed on these every 40,000,so need some advise,cheers

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The fact that it's showing a mileage due when you press the button indicates you're on the ECOFlex schedule (20 years/up to 2 years - whichever comes first). If the last service was definitely done at 54,000 then you're already 4,000 miles over - but odd that it's showing 8,000 miles left. I wonder if it's had a service (and the service light reset) and it hasn't been recorded in the book. Other possibility is that somebody has reset the service light when they shouldn't have - therefore giving the discrepancy.

If it was my car, I'd be inclined to service it now (basically taking it that the 54,000 was the last service). If you have no definite record that it's had a cambelt either, I'd get one put in now - then you know it's been serviced and no worries about cambelts going snap!

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    (20 years/up to 2 years - whichever comes first).D

im willing to bet the 2 years appears before the 20 years duncan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

- a case of fingers not keeping up with brain! I, of course, meant 20,000 miles/2 years rather than 20 years/2 years!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

Default Quick Service Query

I have a 04 2.0T Vectra which is actually on ECOFLEX as the 'Miles to next Service' indicator in the Rev Counter is operational, although I was told at the last service that even though my mileage was low I needed a service every year. Now I had it serviced one year and 5K miles after I acquired it on Network Q (a service was done immediately before I took possession of it). I was told at the dealers that the 'Miles to next service' would go down more quickly if your mileage was low. I have done 5K miles since the last service last October and the indicator is showing 15,000 miles to go to the next service.

ECOFLEX assumes 2yr/20,000 miles service intervals . Given that I do substantially less than 10,000 miles a year would you suggest sticking to the 2-year interval or continue with a service every year. I assume changing to a 2-year interval will not affect how my service history is perceived (i.e. going from 1-year to 2-year servicing)

I have heard that with the Z20NET Turbo engine there should not be a two-year interval between services or at least between oil changes.

Does having the oil changed every year (after every 5/6K miles) and having a service every two years seem appropriate? If an interim oil change is done between 2-yearly services what else would need to be done at the same time - oil filter, air filter?

Any advice would be appreciated. VX seem to be determined to put everyone they can on ECO-SERVICE to maximise servicing income, especially since the intervals were changed when the facelift came out. Having said that I'm out of warranty so I'm not necessarily tied to the dealers and their recommendations, am I?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have very dim veiws on the ECOFLEX and ECO service intervals..the whole idea was to extend service intervals to the max to please fleet car buyers by attracting them with low maintainence costs.. this is okay for them.. the car is warrantied and they get shot after 2 or 3 years..BUT.. for joe public who tends to make shorter journeys and hangs on to their cars longer I'd advise not waiting for the 'recommeded intervals'....

I'd advise an oilchange every year or 15,000 miles ( 10,000 if it's a CDTi) as a maximum..personally I change the V6's oil at 6-8,000 miles or around 6months..some have tried to convert me to longer intervals but you don't hear me complaining about engine problems do you....

My Advice to you??...now you're out of warranty, is to take it to a good local independant garage and let them give it a regular oil service...then for the first visit get them to inspect the air and pollen filters etc and change if needed..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

Muchas gracias Mark......sound advice as per usual

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up Cheers

Thanks for all of the advise,will be booking my car in asap at my local dealer and ask them to reset the clock,i used to do all my services myself until i started buying 3-4 year old motors,always have them serviced at main dealers,peace of mind i suppose,they work on them day in day out, thanks again everyone.

Thread Information