User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Diagnostix Uk - Top Stuff!!! Review of before and after...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Diagnostix Uk - Top Stuff!!! Review of before and after...

New member so hello! Started posting on vvoc.co.uk but this forum is just this vectra so perfect for me!

Well I picked up the car last night at 4pm and took the car home with me. I own a Vectra Diesel CDTi 150bhp Sri Estate. The drive home was smooth, torquey and hugely economical compared to all my last cars! I was very impressed with the car overall. It sits on 18" Vx rims and PZero tyres and the ride was firm yet extremely smooth. Drifted past many cars effortlessly and the drive over our lovely North Yorks road was entertaining!

BUT! The fun soon came with the CR1 box was once fitted from DieselTuner.co.uk. Fitted within 5 mins, the little green LED showed me the correct way to fit the plug onto the wiring loom. Literally plug and play. Personally I was a bit dubious about the item even after talking in detail to the guys there. Fitted it and went out for a drive.

Fantastic! Power band has moved down the rev range and it pulls like it is on steriods! It is still set at 18 turns from minimum as it comes out of the factory and according to the manual can be tweaked to upto 21 before the fuel cut comes in. Still grinning now.

My first diesel car and first impressions are very pleased. Vauxhall has moved on a LONG way from the previous cars in build quality and the engines.

If you havent done a remap yet do it. For £245 delivered it is fantastic value for money. I notice now Diagnostix now do a discount for Vectra C members DOH!

Rolling road will be done soon with a few runs showing before the airbox mod, after and with the chip set at various intervals. Will post graphs once complete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : i500

Trim : i500

Engine : V6 3.0CDTi

Year : 2005

i see you got my PM then cdti and hello to the site ,what do you think

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like a happy bunny there then!! LOL

I'm sure Alex will agree with everything you've said there, he seems more than happy with his. Your RR results would be interesting, especially graphs with the chip at different settings.

Shame you didn't find out about the discount before you bought it!

Oh, and welcome to the site!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ian, thanks for the PM mate. Appreciated! Much better, people talk and read my posts lol

Rolling road will happen soon. Had a fuel cut last night on low fuel. Started engine and seemed fine, but alot less power. 35 miles later it is faster than it ever was. Very pleased. Still yet to fiddle properly!

Got a few things planned for the car. The Diagnostix box is doing the job. But I am going to replace that in 5-6 months time with my own design. Bit of DIY tuning!

Thanks for the welcome guys! The Diesel Tuner option was still the cheapest and I wasn't going to hack my wiring loom to fit the one on offer so not too bothered.

My Vectra has been brought for economy, power and comfort and most importantly quietness. So no loud induction kits, exhausts etc. This car is going to be quick and quiet!

Spec is :
    2005 Vectra Sri Estate
    - Leather
    - 18" Vauxhall Wheels (Multispoke ones)
    - Tints
    - MP3 Player from Vx
    - Boot Liner
    - Carpets with Vectra Estate on them
    - Flaps

And a so far the Diagnostix tuning box.

I plan to fiddle more!! But currently enjoying it as it is.

Will be doing a few tests again my mates Subaru Impreza 2.0 Turbo UK Estate model for a review soon too.

Thread Information