User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dragon Tuning box dpf compatible..???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Default Dragon Tuning box dpf compatible..???

Hi all, I was given a link to Dragon Performance's website and they are advertising that their DTE boxes work on vehicles fitted with DPF's??
    Not sure i'd trust a box on mine after reading various posts on here, I'm booking my new estate in for a remap as soon as i get it at either Regals or VXRPC as they seem to have dpf friendly remaps.

http://www.dragonperformanceuk.com/s...at=1110&page=1

Big-Pete

DTE SYSTEMS TÜV Approved Electronic Diesel control units

Dragon Performance is pleased to be the U.K's sole distributor for DTE SYSTEMS products.
    DTE SYSTEMS - German quality fuel enhancement technology.
    TÜV Approved products - 3 year Warranty and 30 day refund offer.
    DTE or Dragon? - We believe in choice - both systems will give the same performance, the DTE-Systems units have the German TUV approval which some German car owners prefer to have for added piece of mind. Function and usability is very similar between Dragon and DTE-Systems products.
    The new add-on DTE-Systems electronic diesel control units – intelligent diesel tuning technology for your vehicle

Multi Ignition-Map technology that ensures maximum performance at minimal level
    Convenience in use only an add-on electronic control unit can provide and yet a driving performance so individual it as as though the original control unit software has been completely changed. Using multi ignition-map technology, this is exactly what the latest generation of add-on electronic control units are providing. Four to eight ignition maps are placed in the memory for the first time that then go into action according to your required driving performance. This means the optimal matching of all control parameters at every level of performance.

This is possible through the use of high performance processors that facilitate the detailed real-time scanning of the ignition maps without influencing the internal protection functions.

Optimal matching without the need for adjustment work - but how does it work?

A further novelty is the ability of the systems to adapt to the individual characteristics of your vehicle. Over a short running-in period, the memory function detects the individual data for the differing fuel injection cycles. The information gained in this way provides the basis for the optimisation. The tolerances are then balanced and an optimal result is achieved with every vehicle without having to make any time consuming adjustments by hand.

Fuel savings as a useful extra effect

An enhanced ignition map leads to raised levels of efficiency, which in turn leads to reduced fuel consumption. The increase in torque facilitates a driving performance that requires fewer revs per minute, therefore significantly lowering levels of fuel consumption. According to driving performance, savings of fuel consumption of between 10% and 20% are possible, meaning that your tuning pays off very quickly

Tuning also suitable for Diesel Particle Filter vehicles - DPF FAP etc

A further advantage of the new add-on electronic control units with multi ignition-map technology is their compliance with vehicle emissions standards. Through enhanced burning in all areas of vehicle performance, the fuel is 100% efficiently used, with soot and smoke being things of the past. Because of this, unrestricted installation of the modules is also possible in vehicles with diesel particle filter engines.
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 30th July 2007 at 19:31.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

go for the remap, had mine done at Regal fantastic job.

Thread Information