User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Took this for a ragging today...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i was not ever comparing anything with anything. Not possible in this regard but some seem to think it is, and as i suggest, un-educated! Mods, please lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by a18nmk View Post
    To the obviously uneducted, the M5 is a V10. I have driven a Vec VXR and the overrated Monaro 4.8 and neither would compare.

Dont try to pass judgment through blinkered lenses!
    To the uneducated you DO get a M5 V8 or V10 which is the newfourth generation version at 507bhp with 388ib-ft of torque and has 25% more power than the V8 but opps sorry did you say v10 dont think so! i cant see the engine from pics.M3 M5 what ever it is plates a bit confusing.

As to being uneducated it wasnt me who, said "since when did vauxhall become the fastest 4 seater saloon on the market"sorry but Vxr is a hatchback 3dr or 5dr not a saloon.

Any way what do you drive are you on the right forum?dont fight with me m8 iam on your side (vauxhall)

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

At the end of the day i dont drive either (sadly) but my educated or not opinion is this. No doubt a M3 or M5 would probably whip a vxr in a race, or whatever BUT you get what ya pay for. The VXR is an awsome bit of kit i have been in a couple now and driven 1 for a short blast. As spoons said its say £18k and the beemer is what £50k odd? Both will have their merits and no doubt the M5 is a great car but they are not like for like. even the monaro is a £28k car ne so cant really be compared like for like with beemer.

On an admin note i am not closing this thread but just please keep it friendly and respect others opinions guys.

thanks

p.s i'd buy a rs4 myself and show you all off .............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ean Vectra Vxr View Post
    To the uneducated you DO get a M5 V8 or V10 which is the newfourth generation version at 507bhp with 388ib-ft of torque and has 25% more power than the V8 but opps sorry did you say v10 dont think so! i cant see the engine from pics.M3 M5 what ever it is plates a bit confusing.

As to being uneducated it wasnt me who, said "since when did vauxhall become the fastest 4 seater saloon on the market"sorry but Vxr is a hatchback 3dr or 5dr not a saloon.

Any way what do you drive are you on the right forum?dont fight with me m8 iam on your side (vauxhall)
    An M5 on the boot lid is obviously going to mean a "little" more than an M3 on a reg plate!

And MODS all I said was that i took it for a ragging, not an opinionated protest!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This is all getting petty and childish now, just agree to disagree. We are all allowed to have an opinion and no 2 people are going to agree on the same thing as we are all different.

With VX you are getting unbelievable value for money with the performance from a vxr or monaro, for the m5 you get a badge and an amazing piece of engineering, but for the same price you can get used supercars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

An M5 is one of the few cars on the road that will blow me into the weeds (500hp vs 280hp), but look at the price! And the insurance! And the fuel consumption!

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by VXR_DV View Post
    An M5 is one of the few cars on the road that will blow me into the weeds (500hp vs 280hp), but look at the price! And the insurance! And the fuel consumption!
    Dont start on fuel consumption

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bainie View Post
    There all right, but restricted to 155
    Only in 6th gear, my mate has his M3 well past 155 aslong as you take it past 155 in 5th gear it doesn't restrict it.
    A guy I knew at an Audi dealership had an M5 over the weekend as his customer was part exing it for a W12 A8 and he didn't rate it much at all. Can't say I was all that impressed with it as I was ripping a load of kit out of it.

RS4 for me all the way, I have been out in them and they ARE missiles!!!
    Last edited by Ben H; 29th July 2007 at 09:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by a18nmk View Post
    You tell me what road in the UK lets you go at 155mph mate and i'll eat my granny! As far as the VXR being quicker

Since when did a Vauxhall become the fastest 4-Seater Saloon on the market??

Gimme some of what your smokin! You honestly say that if you had your choice over an M5 or a VXR youd have a VXR?... If so = Chav
    i cant believe you are registered to a vectra forum and you are calling him a chav for preferring a vectra to a m5.............

The whole reason this site is here is because ppl love vectra's - I think you need to move to the bmw forum and be a little less insulting to others.

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    i cant believe you are registered to a vectra forum and you are calling him a chav for preferring a vectra to a m5.............

The whole reason this site is here is because ppl love vectra's - I think you need to move to the bmw forum and be a little less insulting to others.
    Well said that Man, couldnt have put it better myself!

a18nmk - As for 155mph, obviously you dont drive a great deal at night then! Pick a motorway. I am not condoning or advising to do it or try it, just pointing out that it is quiet enough, and wide/safe enough to achiveve very high speeds. Now, best you inform your granny of your wish to eat her!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information