User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Un-Marked Police Cars.

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Un-Marked Police Cars.

Is it just me, or has there been a massive increase in the amount of un-marked Police Cars you see on the Highways and Byways of this country!

Yesterday, between Lancing and Dunstable, in all that traffic, i saw 4! A Green Jag, a plain white BMW, a Black Subaru STi and a Mercedes of some description.

Then today, in South London, i saw loads, Mondeo's, Vectra's and all sorts!(Ok i know there was a young lad murdered in S London today, so that explains these)

There just seem to be loads about at the moment!

Or i could have been driving round with my eyes closed all these years!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nope, they seem to be using unmarked cars as a way to keep eyes on us better without us seeing them....

personally i prefer to see marked cars..they have more effect than just catching speeders etc..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SE

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

i have to agree ive noticed a slight increase ive seen 6 unmaked cars in the police car park 2 volvos 2 vectras 1 impreza 1 evo 9.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    i have to agree ive noticed a slight increase ive seen 6 unmaked cars in the police car park 2 volvos 2 vectras 1 impreza 1 evo 9.
    I think the likes of Impreza's and Evo's should be banned as Police car's, as its entrapment. They should have a quick car, no arguements there, but by using cars that everyone wants to race, just entice's people into law breaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cobblers!! That's like saying we shouldn't have banks because it's too tempting for bank robbers.

If people can't stop themselves from acting like children..then they deserve everything they get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SRi Nav

Engine : CDTI160

Year : 2012

Yes, there seem to be loads of unmarked cars around now.
    I saw one very unusual unmarked police car the other day...
    a jet black VW Transporter/(caravelle or whatever, like a Transit van)TDI It was definitely police, because the blue strobe lights on the front flashed as he pulled over some idiot in a 4x4 overtaking over a blind hill. Nabbed!
    Last edited by Hideous; 26th July 2007 at 21:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    Cobblers!! That's like saying we shouldn't have banks because it's too tempting for bank robbers.

If people can't stop themselves from acting like children..then they deserve everything they get.
    Point taken!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My mate works for the VOSA as a Highways Officer (yellow/black batenburged 4x4). He reckons that there is a massive reduction in the number of marked Police vehicles as dealing with accidents and managing Trunk roads/motorways is handed over to VOSA. Speeding is identified as the main offense and so cameras are delaing with that. But he does say that there is an increase in the number of unmarked cars.

I agree that uniforms - whether bobbies on the beat or marked cars - does make a difference to people's behaviour. If someone sees a copper they stop being loud or aggresive, but a CCTV camera makes no difference, other than trying to dientify them after. A marked police car gets attention and forces people to look at their driving and amend it. An unmarked car or camera, just penalises you for committing a 'crime'. In my mind it is better to prevent and discourage a crime than to punish after it has been convicted.

I am not some left-wing soft liberal. But in my mind all this softening up and sneaky, softly way of doing things just annoys people and almost brands farily law-abiding citizens as criminals.

I would rather see young drivers given power restrictions and better driving education (say compulsary Advanced driving). More marked cars, pulling people over and saying "you're being a prat,c alm down, slow down and don't do it again". With modern technology, the Police could register you for a minor motoring conviction and providing you don't recommit within 3months (for arguements sake) clear the slate. If you do recommit any officer could interrogate a database,s ee you're already on there and then give you some points/fine as its obvious a warning wasn't enbough. I think that way it would give people the warning and opportunity to learn from their mistakes without feelign bitter because they've been punished. if they'r stupid enough to recommit then it is self-inflicted.

I have to say that I agree with the speed-awareness courses that theb Police run insetad of points. people I know who've attended these rated them highly and seem to drive better as a consequence.

I feel that certain areas of society such as Teaching and Policing are unfairly given targets and quotas, which force them to give up the high-value tasks for those which meet targets and so help raise funding or preventing them being closed or 'told off' bya government body.

Only my opinions, right or wrong as I don't obviously have all the facts/figures or subject knowledge.

Cheers H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post

I agree if you 'do it' and get caught no complaint especially by a man in car.

p.s MLC, do you post on a well known aviation website with the same username? Airwave radio discussion per chance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In my force we have very few unmarked cars on the traffic department. The force has a lot of unmarked cars but most are used by CID, Driving School, firearms dept. etc etc. It's usually obvious that they are police cars, but they wouldnt be too interested in speeders!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information