Thread: Floods

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Floods

I'm sure you will all agree when I say my thoughts are with all the flood victims down South. Must be b****y awful to see your hard earned cash (house and car etc) being swamped like that. They say there is more to come!

Hope the Goverment sorts them out quickly as they would anybody else across the world!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I'm sure you will all agree when I say my thoughts are with all the flood victims down South. Must be b****y awful to see your hard earned cash (house and car etc) being swamped like that. They say there is more to come!
    Well, speaking as a Southerner, we've got a fair bit of water around us, but mercifully, not on our estate. It's not a great situation, being made worse by the thought that we're one of the last rows of houses before a flood plain at the bottom of a large hill and we're in a bit of a dip! We've had a few power cuts over the weekend, but that's all. Watching peoples houses being pumped out and seeing personal possesions stacked high not far up the road, is rather humbling.

On a more selfish level, Oxfordshire has been badly hit as we know.

Guess where my new car is..... Haven't been told it's been washed away yet, but I've been preparing for the phonecall! Only put a deposit on it at the moment, so won't loose too much!

Any way, if there's anyone out there who's struggling, my thoughts are most definately with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've just had to cancel our trip to Legoland. Every route to the motorway is flooded and we're effectively trapped. Upton is under four feet of water (mates car has floated away) and Worcester is closed as well.

Kids are gutted!

spoons

..... and Diana has just told me that the theiving scumbags are taking advantage of the flood by stealing from abandoned vehicles !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

New Orleans all over again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well you'll be pleased to hear that chaos reigns here in Gloucestershire!

We are running out of drinking water (bit like sick joke but true) and most of the county is bracing itself for the electricity to go off as the main substation in gloucester is nearly under water.

But good old british stoicism is alive and well. I'm going to a meeting of the local emergency committee later to see what we can coordinate. Fortunately though we had our flood water on Friday, but it's heartbreaking to see what others only five miles away are going through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's incredible how fast this all happened. We're Ok in Luton, but the main approach to the airport was flooded on Friday night, and lots of folks were late getting off on their holidays. Mind you, we're 500ft above sea level, so if we go under, most of Hertfordshire's doomed!
    My sis lives in Wokingham, and the water was lapping at the end of their road.

It'll go on for days yet, as the extra water works it's way down the rivers.
    My sympathies to anyone who's suffering today -all I had to do was stop my goldfish making a bid for freedom as the pond overflowed!

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well here in westbury, wilts I haven't seen too much flooding at all. I do feel sorry for all these people who may have lost everything

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It Is Terrible Got To See Some terrible Sights On Friday After A Works Meeting In Newbury The Train Station Looked Like A Canal ,Houses Either Surrounded Or Deluged By Water And It Took Us From 2.55 Friday After Noon Till A Quarter Past One Saturday Morning Before I Walked Through My Front Door Near The Nec BHM Yes 10 And A Quarter Hours Have Been Shattered Over The Weekend But Wish All Those Suffering All The Luck In The World For What They Are going Through !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'd like to see the water companies get hit for this, they charge us for delivery and disposal, and keep hooking up new housing estates to old drains.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information