Thread: Emigration

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Emigration

It's still on my mind to flee the UK eventually, while having a brainout about possible destinations, I happened upon what I think might just be a gem of a place to go live

BULGARIA

Never really knew where it was tbh, always made images of Dracula and deep depression and a hotelier that only said *I dare say* when spoken to as he was cutting your feet off, appear in my head.

But!

Noooo, it looks fab, near the sea, hot weather, low tax etc etc

You could even call it Comma....

Cheap Greece.

Cya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

that would be nice, 2 1/2 years after a tour in cyprus and then i will be off to america to live

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

my missus has relatives in australia, so if we were to go any where it would have to be there........beaches, beer's and vectra's galore...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good choice Lee, but watch the 3 strikes rule mate, not saying you are a bad lad, but it's not known for fair justice out there if your face don't fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

now this is a subject that has been on my mind for quite some time, i have heard some good storys about bulgaria from my neighbour as he owns his own travel agency and has recently branched into property sales. the prices are very cheap, and the cost of living is very low as well,so this could be an option. i have thought about australia/ newzealand but its the distance that puts me off, which makes me start thinking about spain or france, the only thing that is stopping me is that my son has got one year left at school and i don't realy want to disrupt him untill after his exams, but i can deffo see a move on the cards in the next couple of years.
    so anyone thinking of leaving our green and not quite pleasant land then i can't say as i can blame them.

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My advice to anyone wanting to move to Spain or France, is that if you do, stay away from the area's already populated by the Brit's.

Why??

Because if you move into somehwere that Half of England already live's, its not really like a fresh start is it, you have the same types of people, but just in a hotter climate, and you wont get a true reflection on that Country's way of life, just the British Lifestyle, in Spain. I would love to move away, but to be honest, a little bit scared of going into the unkown. Strange coming from someone who has travelled Europe by Truck for weeks on end, but it's a big step moving abroad, I'm lucky i have no-one but myself to think of, but its a pretty scary proposition just upping sticks and moving!

As for Bulgaria, i have heard mixed reviews about it, a bloke i work with went there, and hated every minute of it, yet a good friend and his wife are there on their Honeymoon now, and by all accounts are loving it!!

I did think about Canada, and go driving Trucks all over Canada and America, but i hate driving Trucks here, so whats to say it would be the same over there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

we are going soon to spain..just come back after looking at house / apartment prices plus what jobs are available..we will be better off financially too.
    look at it like this:
    i pay £580 mortgage, 2 car hp agreements = £470 month
    then add bills, rates insurance, council tax, other expenses etc and you get about £2200 a month to pay out. no, i dont have any hp on any thing else ie tv, freezer etc. i work my a*se off sometimes till 10 at night to have nothing to show for it (ok the vectra!)
    we could:
    move to spain, somewhere nearish the coast (just looked at cambrilles area). the profit from selling the house would get us about £75000 so we might have to get a mortgage out there for about another £35-40k. now ANY spanish bank will give you a mortgage (even without a spanish account) as long as you put a third deposit down (which we can). oh and their interest rate is half of the uks so i might have to pay about £180 month for new place with pool etc. council tax?? they pay about £30 month! wont use so much elec / gas as quite warm there (37c last week!) plus when i hired a new car from avis (only 68 euro / 40 quid 3 days!) it cost me £28 to fill it up. thats 73p litre to you.
    We worked it out that to get by as we are now between us we would have to earn about £1000 month....thats a part time job each.
    better weather..better healthcare (tried it!)..better life
    its on the cards..been going to college for a while learning spanish but when was the last time you didnt meet a spaniard that couldnt speak english!?
    Although when i was there last week noticed a huge difference when you use spanish in conversations..like when the wife asks for 4 bus tickets to la pineda it costs her 1.65 euro each and only gets 2 euro change from a ten euro note (spanish love to fleece tourists!) BUT when i ask for the same in spanish cost me 1.20 each and got all my change!!!!!
    shows its good to be polite!
    anyway..so whos coming to the house warming????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Take the advice above Lee, go somewhere where the other Brit's aren't, see how everyone here moans about migrants, just the same in Spain, we're invading them and if I know the Spanish they won't wear it forever, better to learn the lingo and become like them and respect their culture.

Hope it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

think some bits of OZ will be unlivable in a few years if the drought continues!! - Its good but Im not finding it much cheaper than the UK - everyone who says this here used to live in London - which makes sense.

Its a good life if you are tradie - lots and lots of work and they all finish at 3pm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have you thought about a nice warm beach with crystal clear seas, señoritas and margaritas, here in a beach in Mexico?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information