Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Warranty work

Last week my 2.2 direct (petrol) just died as I was driving, the spanner through the car symbol came up. I pulled over and sat sulking for a minute or two then started again, no fault light, pulled away then fault lit up again, limp mode I think as it was reluctant to rev.

The next day I called dealers and they said drop it in. I drove there with no indication of a fault and they replaced the high pressure fuel valve/ pump (they were not clear about that, muttering something about a field remedy) under Vauxhall's 3 year warranty I am impressed. They also spotted that my rear pads and my front tyres needed replacing.

But today the same thing happened again So I am too drop it off tomorrow although they are fully booked.

Has anyone had similar ? I am disappointed at the problems re occurence but I was impressed with the speed the dealer dealt with it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by smithi View Post
    Last week my 2.2 direct (petrol) just died as I was driving, the spanner through the car symbol came up. I pulled over and sat sulking for a minute or two then started again, no fault light, pulled away then fault lit up again, limp mode I think as it was reluctant to rev.

The next day I called dealers and they said drop it in. I drove there with no indication of a fault and they replaced the high pressure fuel valve/ pump (they were not clear about that, muttering something about a field remedy) under Vauxhall's 3 year warranty I am impressed. They also spotted that my rear pads and my front tyres needed replacing.

But today the same thing happened again So I am too drop it off tomorrow although they are fully booked.

Has anyone had similar ? I am disappointed at the problems re occurence but I was impressed with the speed the dealer dealt with it.
    I am in the process of trying to get Vx to pay for all of the £1000 bill for changing my fuel pump and fuel rail on a 2003 Signum 2.2 Direct. This will be my 4th fuel pump and my 3rd fuel rail, but I am now 9 months out of warranty. The first two replacements and fuel rail were done under warranty. I'm very interested in this "field remedy" you mention, any chance of getting more info out of the dealer as to what that means? If Vx have some policy in place that recognises the fuel pump failing as a known fault I can use that in my negotiations with them about my bill. Thanks. Brian

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I am in the process of trying to get Vx to pay for all of the £1000 bill for changing my fuel pump and fuel rail on a 2003 Signum 2.2 Direct. This will be my 4th fuel pump and my 3rd fuel rail, but I am now 9 months out of warranty. The first two replacements and fuel rail were done under warranty
    Were either or both of these fitted within the last 12 months?
    If so, then they replacements are covered under their own warranty!

I had this issue with a replacement boot lock...
    My car was under a 3 year warranty extension
    However, one of the boot locks failed just a few days into the warranty extension
    It was duly replaced, but it lasted exactly 13 months
    The claim for the replacement was rejected, even though the car was still under warranty for another 2 years!
    The dealership allowed me to leave while they chased it up, but SureGuard were adamant that any replacement part was no longer covered by their warranty, but they waived it on this one

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I took it in on the 17th I saw the invoice which showed a replacement High pressure fuel pump, circa £270. When I asked about the "field remedy" he just said the code indicated a fuel pump failure. I don't think they like to admit any weakness or possible common fault.

I am on an 05 plate so just under a year of manufacturers warranty left. I thought that the garage would at least warranty the parts for 12 months.

It is still being investigated at the garage I will try for more info when I collect it ! “when” being very subjective as they said a courtesy car would be available for Friday onwards ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Were either or both of these fitted within the last 12 months?
    If so, then they replacements are covered under their own warranty!

I had this issue with a replacement boot lock...
    My car was under a 3 year warranty extension
    However, one of the boot locks failed just a few days into the warranty extension
    It was duly replaced, but it lasted exactly 13 months
    The claim for the replacement was rejected, even though the car was still under warranty for another 2 years!
    The dealership allowed me to leave while they chased it up, but SureGuard were adamant that any replacement part was no longer covered by their warranty, but they waived it on this one
    Unfortunately, the parts fitted are in the 13-14 months old range, and because they were fitted during the manufacturer's warranty period any warranty only lasted until 30/9/2006. That would be the case if they were fitted on the last day. As far as Sale of Goods Act is concerned, apparently for 6 years from purchase you can expect faults to be corrected (major faults I suppose) but after 6 months the onus is on the purchaser to prove a fault. This I can do, but because I did not buy direct from the dealer who carried out the warranty work, or from Vauxhall my legal rights apply to the garage that sold me the vehicle. They have been excellent in the more than 10 years I've been their customer, and now have lent me a car until mine is fixed despite not actually needing to do so. They're a gem, whereas I'm much less impressed with Vx and the dealership. Brian

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Final part to this story ( I hope ) Picked car up on Fri 21st with a new high pressure fuel pump regulator relay (thats a mouthful).

No indication as to whether this is a common prob or not.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by smithi View Post
    Final part to this story ( I hope ) Picked car up on Fri 21st with a new high pressure fuel pump regulator relay (thats a mouthful).

No indication as to whether this is a common prob or not.
    But useful to know it was that. I'll ask the dealer fixing mine what they know about this part's likelihood of failure. I assume that the CANbus tests would tell them if it had failed though.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I had the VW, if a part was fitted in the last 12 months of the cars warranty, then the parts warranty lapsed on the days the cars warranty did. So a replacement part fitted under warranty after 2 years 364 days had, yes, 1 (ONE) days warranty.

How I laughed when it went in a week early for its first MOT and they tried to bill me for about 6 things that needed replacing!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Same as Iain, when I was with Volvo any part replaced under the original 3 years or 60,000 mile vehicle warranty was only guaranteed till the end of that period.
    Any parts paid for by the customer was covered for a year IIRC

Thread Information