Thread: 2.2dti Re Map Found In Leeds!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up 2.2dti Re Map Found In Leeds!

I HAVE FOUND A GARAGE WHO CAN RE MAP THE 2.2DTI, Y22 DTR ENGINE.
    HE DID MINE ON THURSDAY NIGHT AND NOW RUNNING WITH THE AMOUNT OF TORQUE YOU,D EXPECT FROM 2.2 DIESEL, AND SEEMS TO BE DOING ABOUT 5 MORE TO THE GALLON.

IF YOUR INTERESTED OR KNOW ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED GIVE CHRIS A RING AT EXHAUST DISCOUNTS LTD IN LEEDS. 0113 2431127. HE CHARGING £350 FOR THIS SERVICE. www.exhaust-discount.co.uk

THIS IS A FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS AND A MEMBER OF THE GOOD GARAGE SCHEME, HE,S ALSO A VAUX FAN, MINT BLUE VXR ASTRA WITH ALL TRIMMINGS.

FINALLY

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Remap

hi m8,
    have you got any before & after figures on this, & did it get rod of the `flat spot`.
    thanks
    nev.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default better torque in low revs

i dont have any figures as didnt test, it drives loads better, more pull in lowwer revs and less need to change gear and power keeps coming further up. give Chris a ring and have a chat, he may let you check on the rolling road, i might see what mines at as well. you still get the turbo lag but thats vauxhalls for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fantastic...well done for finding someone prepared to attempt it, it's a shame Leeds is a long way for me

I almost had mine done by Chipped UK, but they let me down. I drove all the way there to be told it wasn't a UK engine (although it is a UK car?!). My ECU is on the nearside rear of the engine bay which is different. They told me they would source and send me a digital tuning box but that never arrived

I was also told that if they attempted a remap on the 2.2 the ECU would lock up and the engine would have to come out to have pumps etc replaced

Don't know what to do now, it may be worth a day off work and a long drive to Leeds???

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would be wary of using any non recognized place for re-mapping or doing anything with the ECU in the car. Lots of people claim to able to Re-map, and cant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFox View Post
    Fantastic...well done for finding someone prepared to attempt it, it's a shame Leeds is a long way for me

I almost had mine done by Chipped UK, but they let me down. I drove all the way there to be told it wasn't a UK engine (although it is a UK car?!). My ECU is on the nearside rear of the engine bay which is different. They told me they would source and send me a digital tuning box but that never arrived

I was also told that if they attempted a remap on the 2.2 the ECU would lock up and the engine would have to come out to have pumps etc replaced

Don't know what to do now, it may be worth a day off work and a long drive to Leeds???
    I have heard through various members on here, that TorquingBHP in Cambridge are pretty good. Thorney Motorsport in Milton Keynes can also re-map a 2.2, and have a good reputation. Regal also do re-map's for a 2.2, which on paper offer good power gains, but they are £400 think.

I have a 2.2, and would like a re-map, but i cant be doing with the trouble's of Engine management problems that some have had with their car's, be they1.9's, 2.2's or 3.0's.

Decisions Decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's a very difficult call, as I too do not want the ECU screwed if they get it wrong. Also £350 - £400 is a lot for what I think is only a 15 or so bhp increase

I have done the air box mod and fitted a K&N, so will probably just run with these

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would be tempted by Thorney myself, as they are an approved Vauxhall Service agent, as well as being into Tuning, so they know what they are at.

Also, they are pretty local to you too, so any problems, you havent got too far to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default re map

I have asked Chris at exhaust discount about doing a before and after tests on my car, see if we can see proof on paper. have a look at his website, the bloke was nearly national tuning champion!

Thread Information