User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you from the team (Billing 2007)

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Thank you from the team (Billing 2007)

I'd just like to quickly thank everyone for such a great turnout at the VBOA Rallie at Billing 2007. Again every member in attendance exceeded my expectations and turned out cracking cars that were polished to within an inch of their lives.

As you all know we were guests this year and I really wanted to make a perfect impression on the VBOA committee, and we managed it as the VBOA chairman commented on our cars. This is down to you peeps - thank you very much. We're expecting full blown membership next year, so we'll be able to have a lot more members in attendance with their cars on show.

Special thanks go to -

Duncan - if Duncan hadn't arranged to present our club to the VBOA, this weekend probably wouldn't have been as good as it was. He liaised with them and learned the specific requirements to join the VBOA and made sure we as a club met those requirements, then produced a nice glossy handout explaining all about the club. Then along with Mark (GSI3.2) and myself went along to Luton to give the presentation. Keep it up buddy.

Mark (GSI3.2) - I can't praise this guy enough. Anyone who's met Mark or has had any dealings with him will know that this guy is 'Top Dollar'. Firstly he has agreed to be our representative at all the VBOA meetings in Luton; sorry mate, but I don't envy you one bit. He also came along to the presentation to show support for the club. On a personal level, I'd of never erected my trailer tent without this guy and I think he knew I'd need help as he immediately stopped what he was doing on my arrival at the camp site to assist me. Then on the Saturday night he assisted Duncan in completing a service of his car, and then on Sunday did some major work on Big Phils car along with Plasma. This is all in a field remember peeps. The man's a star in my eyes!

Cara (Mrs GSI) - Cara organised both BBQ's this weekend. She went out of her way to go and get the food on Saturday and Sunday and went around collecting the money. She also had the job of reining Mark in when he saw another classic car that he wanted. Thank you Cara.

Chris (Drinky) - top man as always. Chris cooked both the BBQ's, so if you have a burning bum you know who to blame. Seriously though, that BBQ on Sunday was damned hot and in that heat he must of sweated a few lbs, so thank you Chris.

Eveyone else - remember peeps, without you lot these things simply just wouldn't happen!

Lastly, but by no means least my wife (Shazz) - she has to put up with me running all over the place and neglecting my family responsibilities. She was also the creche leader and looked after quite a few children when she didn't have to. I had to drag her away on Sunday afternoon for a rest. Thank you baby, I love you, you are my rock.

I think that's all I want to say peeps. Roll on TRAX.

Thank you again
    Alex
    Last edited by AJA; 10th July 2007 at 09:04. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

She was also the creche leader and looked after quite a few children when she didn't have to. I had to drag her away on Sunday afternoon for a rest. Thank you baby, I love you, you are my rock.

Be careful, or you could end up a dad again Alex

Like I said last week, got a goodun, got it made, and I think I made the right judgement of your lady.

Glad you all had a good weekend, looked and sounded like there was plenty of camaraderie going around.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    Be careful, or you could end up a dad again Alex
    Not from me matey, I've been snipped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    Not from me matey, I've been snipped.

Ouch!

A few of my mates have had it done, not for me, I'm too

better get now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

a great write up Alex.........a big welldone to all the team...Vectra-c is onwards and upwards ........Am really looking forward to my second event at TRAX.......if the friendship is only half as good as it was at PVS ,,,then i know i,m in for a great weekend.ROLL ON TRAX !!!!!!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    Duncan - if Duncan hadn't arranged to present our club to the VBOA, this weekend probably wouldn't have been as good as it was. He liaised with them and learned the specific requirements to join the VBOA and made sure we as a club met those requirements, then produced a nice glossy handout explaining all about the club. Then along with Mark (GSI3.2) and myself went along to Luton to give the presentation. Keep it up buddy.
    cheers m8! I'm just glad all the work I put into the handout paid off - it was worth the very late night before the presentation! As you say, if we hadn't had the official guest stand we'd have ended up stuck over in the camping area with an unofficial spot.

Can only echo what you've said with thanks to the GSi's for all that they did, Drinky for manning the BBQ and of course yourself for helping Drinky with the BBQ and liaising with the VBOA regarding our stand and sorting out stuff on the day. I don't know what you bunged them to get the spot that we did, but whatever it was it was well worth it!! - especially as it didn't come from the club funds!

And not forgetting, thanks to everyone who turned up to display on the stand with a superb standard of cars, anyone who helped that hasn't been mentioned and everyone for their company and friendship which made the whole weekend thoroughly enjoyable.

Big to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As mentioned by Alex & Duncan, a very well done to everyone involved for all their hard work

This was my first time at Billing & what a great day it was

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The cars looked amazing , im sorry I didnt get to see a few of you, I did see 1 or 2 , I couldnt walk round as much due to having key hole surgery on 26th june, Im fine no pain just got to take it easy for the next 6 weeks. So
    Alex say hiya to Sharon please and send a hug to the kids too. 1st time billing members I hope you really enjoyed the show as we have done for the last 8 years its the best show of the year roll on 13/14 july 2008 and counting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I need to add my thanks to the list... I've had a pretty hard time over the past 8 weeks, splitting with the Mrs, financial trouble and trouble at work. Billing was the perfect opportunity for me to get away from it all and forget about my worries.

Vectra-c.com is a fantastic club to be a member of .... yes we all drive the same model of car... but there seems to be something a lot deeper than that when we get together. Everyone seems to go out of their way to make sure everyone else is having a god time.

Thanks to the organising team, and to all the other contributors/members. It was great to see some old faces, and meet some new ones. I count you all as very good friends.

Since I can't make it to Trax, or my next Region Meet, I'm already planning to book the time off for next years Billing.... BRING IT ON!!!!

(ooh, and thanks to Cara and Mark for the beer.... i'm enjoying every bottle!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't forget..some of us DON'T drive the same make of car anymore ...but we're still here for the same reason.

(Still gutted I couldn't get the time off )

If you enjoyed it as much as I did last year, I know you'll all have had a great time)
    Last edited by MLC; 10th July 2007 at 18:09.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information