0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Livin In Ameribritain

Just caught a couple of minutes of LK Today, that's Lorraine Kelly's show btw, the topics that went by were these

1 - The teacher who filmed those disrupting her class

2 - Sharon Stone the cellulite report

3 - Beckham book and it's possible ban

Lets do the Shaz bit 1st, the girl is 50 yrs old, she's also been very ill a few yrs ago, yet still trash tv thinks it's a good idea to let you know she has what 80% of women get.

Next up the blatant plugging of the Becks book, tell em it might get banned and whip up interest in it, good marketing perhaps, or just blatant play on the nosey nature?

Now the best one, the teacher, she's over the coals for having the nerve to want to try and do what ppl who earn ten times what she does don't seem to be interested in, all we hear is that she's infringed the rights of the youth yob, what about the rights of the kids that are behaving and just want to learn, in a real world she would get backed to the hilt on this, but oh no, not in Ameribritain, they'd rather ignore it and allow the growth of more ppl who will become adults and carry on playing everyone else up.

Two thing's, I was a truant and a bit of a lad at school, but I always had respect for my teacher's, the more they got to route one to deal with me the more I respected them and liked them, I liked their ability to either put me back in line for an hour or just ignore the fact me and a few other's didn't turn up, one of my teachers let me and two others bunk off for 6 mths solid, and when we eventually turned up she quite comically asked us who we were and had we just joined the school, funny thing I got one of my best grades for her subject as well, geography just came naturally to me, in hindsight I wish I'd gone to my lessons now and done a whole lot better for myself, which I know I could have done had I had bits of paper to show I was a smart cookie, area's I wish I'd really put some more effort in to were maths and science, maths comes quite easy to me though you wouldn't think so looking at the grade i got for it, science is just the whole meaning of life, if you know your science you can bewilder ppl who don't till the cows come home, just as world leaders are doing now with the ecotaxation.

Isn't it time this all things equal was done away with and the shining lights were allowed to leave the dunces and disruptives behind to whatever life they find themselves, I see ppl sitting on the street asking for change, I used to give to them quite willingly, and walk away with a warm feeling of I made it better for someone else, today I give them nothing, they are a different breed of begger, infact I'd go so far as to say apart from ppl who have suffered a personal tragedy or the Big Issue sellers the majority of them are either lazy or con merchant's.

This isn't against Mrs Kelly either, I find nothing wrong with her personally, just some of the programming on her show, which won't be her doing anyway.

Plus I'm emigrating eventually, I feel it's time to move on from here unless someone steps up and makes ppl take responsibility for themselves, not that I don't love my country because I do, but the way I feel right now there are too many things happening here for me to enjoy life, softly softly doesn't work, neither does new world order.

I don't even blame the offenders tbh, they are victims of their own enviroment, allowed to wallow because those that should install ambition into them just turn a blind eye and carry on feathering their own nest's.

And now you'll have to excuse me, I'm close to perfecting perpetual motion and ordering my mansion and premiership football team

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, the joys of daytime TV
    How to fill 6 hours with absolute nonsense and drivvle, plank in some money generating adverts, and promote prime-time TV slots

The best program I saw was one last week with Carol Vorderman
    At one point she was on about one of the companies she was paid for to appear in their advert, something about debt consolidation
    She asked for a lot of information before she agreed to perform the advert, and was paid BEFORE agreeing to it, and paid on appearance!
    At least she investigates the company and isn't like some other people that appear in adverts, take the money, and run (a famous French footballer comes to mind!)

However, there are definitely two types of advertising on TV now...
    daytime drivvle, you know the type!
    prime-time, mostly well known brands

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    3 - Beckham book and it's possible ban
    I assume this is "My Side" by David Beckham?
    Strange neither of the Beckhams mentioned it when appearing on ITV on Sunday
    Mind you Martin Brundle did fall into a fashion hole in the ground!

Rechecked, assume it is "That Extra Half An Inch" by Victoria Beckham?
    Last edited by m8internet; 9th July 2007 at 09:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    I assume this is "My Side" by David Beckham?
    Strange neither of the Beckhams mentioned it when appearing on ITV on Sunday
    Mind you Martin Brundle did fall into a fashion hole in the ground!

Rechecked, assume it is "That Extra Half An Inch" by Victoria Beckham?
    Oh yeah, I noticed that, on the grid yesterday, they tbh should have been all over Martin imo, well tbh Victoria did have time for him, and David was well tied up at the time, anyway I'm not Beck Bashing here cos I've always liked the pair of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make a couple of valid points here VV, have to agree about the teacher fiming the kids nonsense.

Bring back the belt!!!!

I was a similar child to you, traunt, cheek, back chat. Now i'm 32, and wish i'd stuck in. Yes, i'm one of the lucky ones, i had the family business to fall back on, but, in no uncertain terms did daddy bail me out. Both my brother and i had to earn our place within the company. Many a time i was given the belt, or scudded with a duster (ah, my old wood work teacher).

I've swept the floor and made the tea etc, and studied in my own time after hours to get my qualifications. Now i earn a good living and run a succesful company, (where qualifications mean diddly squat) we now run a scheme where we take kids from underpriviliged backgrounds, broken homes, social issues etc, and train them up, give them apprenticeships. At times, it would be nice to take them round the back and put a foot up their backsides, cos they are right ALL the time.

Bill gates got it right, when giving a lecture to a group of students in the states, he said "you will not leave school and become VP with a company car and a phone, (movies are not real life), and flipping burgers is not beneath you".

In my opinion, the teacher was only trying to highlight how bad these kids have got and are getting worse. There is no respect for any authority whatsoever, and it sickens me that another "Teacher" will be chastised for her efforts. Respect should come from the parents, not the state paid babysitters in our schools, i still break the law by putting my son over my knee, and can assure you, i won't stop because the do gooders have decided that spanking your kids is bad!

Forget the video missus, lock the little 845tards in a cupboard, and "forget" about the for eight hours and get on with what you set out to do when you joined the profession........ Teach and Inspire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the wife will not let me emigrate to New Zealand.........but then again daily life never seems to permeate her nice little bubble she lives in.

I find everyday I get annoyed at another thing I'm prohibited from doing, I'm wondering how many more things there are left for them to take from me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha, the bubble Karl, isn't it funny how we can't get inside this bubble, yet they never venture out of it, and when you explain the bubble to them, they can't comprehend a word of it, murder! what's a murder?, never heard of one of those before, next thing you will be making up stories about imaginary substances that make ppl act weird and commit crimes, yes it's a grand life if you don't know the real world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a life I wouldn't mind sitting in for a while, bubble world, must be kinda nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran
    And now you'll have to excuse me, I'm close to perfecting perpetual motion and ordering my mansion and premiership football team
    What happened to your work on the Superconductor, VV? Given up, or just got it sussed and waiting for the rest of the world to catch up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A man must have patent's, all in good time grasshopper