User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Vec was broken into yesterday!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry My Vec was broken into yesterday!!!

Missus took the Vec to work in Stirling yesterday as the wiper linkage on her wee Punto had went tits up. I said I would look at it and she took the Vec to work.

Anyway, went to work and was in a union meeting last night and she called my mobile. She finished work last night and returned to where the car was parked to find it with a police crew and some CID bods around it, the alarm blaring away.

Some little scroat had smashed the rear nearside window, showering glass all over the interior.

The alarm had gone off and someone in a house opposite had looked out the window to see this git trying to get in the back door. They called the police immediately ( thanks to you whoever you are ) and the scroat spotted them at their house window on the phone. This spooked him and he legged it into a waiting chavved up black Saxo or something similar and sped off.

He was 5 foot 9, shaved black hair and well built, wearing a bright red t-shirt.

The cops are searching through the CCTV of around those streets and they are quietly confident of identifying them.

CID could not dust for prints as it was chucking it down with rain and would have been pointless. They dont think the guy actually got inside the car anyway, from what the witness said happened.

The police said that they were probably looking for my TomTom. I always take the stick-on mounting point off the windscreen when its not in use, but the police said the crims now look for any tell-tale signs of the sucker, any marking on the windscreen etc. Just a word of warning to any of you that use a sat nav with a suction mounting. The advice given was to keep a pack of screen wipes in the car and when you remove the mounting, clean the marks off the windscreen.

Anyway, I'm absolutely hopping mad. I felt so helpless at work and annoyed, I could not get off duty to go and take a look, which I really could have done with doing as the insurance company made a complete balls-up of things as well, afterwards.

Missus calls them to see about getting a glass repairer out to fix it ( it was torrential rain all day yesterday and all night last night ).

Insurance company take the details and say they will call back.

40mins later , they eventually phone back.

"I'm sorry, but there is no one available to repair it".

"Best advice we can give is to get a bin liner and some tape and mask the window up".

So missus is going nuts on the phone at them, but the silly cow she was speaking to obviously had not a clue. She asked "So when will it be fixed?".

They replied "Try taking it to our appointed RAC Glass centre tomorrow, but we cant guarantee that there will be an appointment free to fix it".

So the car sat on the drive last night at home, with a bin liner gaffa taped over the window in the torrential rain. As I said, I was at work and could not do a thing about it.

Upshot is that the inside, rear seat is soaking wet with the torrential rain.

I honestly thought the insurance company were bang out of order in this situation. And this morning I was proved correct.

We took the car to the RAC glass repair place and the guy told us that what the woman at the insurance company had told my missus last night was a load of cobblers. They could have got someone out to us last night easily. And even if they could not have fitted new glass, a piece of shaped perspex would have been fitted to keep the weather out.

Not only that, but he said that if the RAC were not available, the insurance lot have the option to use any other glass repair place. And finally, because the car was insecure, the insurance company should have offered to keep the car somewhere local overnight in a secure locked area.

He said he had been in the business for years and that this particular insurance company had done this a couple of times recently, made an mess of things that is.

So whatever muppet they have taking calls on their helpline must be too busy doing her damn nails or something to actually care about the customer.

Needless to say, an angry letter of complaint will be getting sent to them, along with the £70 excess they want to repair the glass ( cheeky gits!! ).

Sorry about the longwinded rant but I'm just furious not only with the scroat who panned ma windae in ( and if I find out who they are..........enough said ).....but also with the insurance company and their absolute inability to deal with all this in the proper and prescribed manner.

Our renewal is up at the end of this month and needless to say, we will be taking our business elsewhere.

Oh and finally, its name and shame time............

The insurance company is :-

DIAMOND INSURANCE

Last edited by RSV_Ecosse; 6th July 2007 at 09:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do we pay insurance if they don't want to help hope you get the window put back in soon.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to hear this RSV - after the pain of the having the car broken into the last thing you want to deal with is an incompetent insurance company!

hope it gets sorted with minimum fuss from here on in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bummer - sorry to hear this m8, and even worse to hear the balls up by the insurance company!! It's bad enough having a window stoved in without the ballache of things like that adding to it!

I'm very conscious about my SatNav (iPAQ) mount as it's a semi-permanent one and visible all the time. iPAQ always goes with me so never left in the car. At least with having full tints if any scrote did smash a window the film would make it much harder to get into the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad luck mate, hope all is sorted swiftly, I would refuse the £70 excess on the grounds that the car has been further damaged due to their incompetance.

Oh, and aren't I glad I insured with Diamond for the wife this year......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I got rid of my Navman satnav because of the hassle of the window sucker and leaving it in the car. Got myself an XDA Orbit Mobile with TomTom6 on it which just sits in the mobile holder on dash, and cause its my phone always goes with me, leaving no clues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to hear about it mate
    I had the same happen to me on new years eve. My sister had a nasty car crash new years eve ,(taking on a 4x4 head on, not a good idea) anyways, got to the hospital and mad dash to get in and see her, I forgot about my gps.....I come out about a hour later and the drivers window was stoved in with glass on the floor and seat....long story short my sis was ok and the theiving barsteward who did it got 8 months in prison ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear this mate, i really hope you get it sorted FOC..

We were with Diamond when we had the CDTi, cheap price and TBH cheap service We had lots of problems with the CDTi, we kept having to get courtesy cars etc and everytime they charged us £20 for the 'hasle' for them...f**kin eejits who i wont be using again..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiya,

Really peee's me off with ppls messing with other ppls cars, dont get me started on that.
    Thanx to having an alarm that a stanger helped you out. There are still ppl in the world that do whats right (actuall care when they hear a car alarm).
    Try not to be down, the car will dry out. I have had the same, if my car was to be broken in to again, i would chose window every time, small excess = car repared and secure and loooking good. Compared to a few years ago when they were folding windows over and attacking locks. Not as quick and easy to sort out.

Leaves us reminded to take every thing out of car and taken off show. At least the only way to get in to a vx is the cheepest and easyest way to fix glass.

Hope you all got fully comp insurance with glass cover, might not seam woth it at renewal ...

Ashtoroth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)