User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Young person's car insurance quotes

  1. #1
    Regular Member G.O'Rilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the road
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Young person's car insurance quotes

    I know that this has been visited before but here is what happened today when getting a quote for my 19 yr old daughter's first car - wife's old Nissan Almera. Went on confused.com today and got a quote with myself and my wife as named drivers:

    It was - £601 - not bad at all for that age.

    Take off myself and it goes up to - £703

    Remove my wife as well and it goes up to - £922

    I made exactly the same quote 10 days ago and it was £649 then instead of £601 now - same insurance company........

    Everyone knows that putting a crumbly on the insurance will reduce the quote but I didn't realise the positive effect of putting two crumblies on the insurance. Lesson learned.

    Anyone (lady members) had experience of Diamond Insurance?? They look reputable as a part of Admiral, but would appreciate any views

  2. #2
    Regular Member Gsi3.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Technical directors office
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Mrs GSi had a quote off them, they where dearer than a 'general' policy but they did say that they didn't expect women to be driving a car like hers..

  3. #3
    Regular Member BigMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Why not try Shiela's Wheel's?

  4. #4
    Regular Member BigLad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    30,000ft by day, bed at night
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan77 View Post
    Why not try Shiela's Wheel's?

    That is the second most irritating advert on TV, the first is that 'picture loans' mob channel gets turned the minute i see it

  5. #5
    Regular Member dave45040's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    llandudno
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G.O'Rilla View Post
    Anyone (lady members) had experience of Diamond Insurance?? They look reputable as a part of Admiral, but would appreciate any views
    They are part of Admiral - and are governed by the FSA. Unfortunately the only way to tell if an Insurance company is good is to hear how they have dealt with claims in the past. If memory serves me right, many years ago they were 'Halifax Insurance', who were probably the first Insurers to specifically cater for / target women drivers, so they should know what they are doing.

  6. #6
    Regular Member John35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    in a white box
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    it all depends who drives the car most of the time. With two older people on the insurance, logic dictates that your daughter will not be driving it all the time. therefore the insurance is cheaper. i would choose an insurer which gives all named drivers a no claims discount. I believe direct line do this type of policy. In the long run this will be cheaper for your daughter.

  7. #7
    Regular Member G.O'Rilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the road
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan77 View Post
    Why not try Shiela's Wheel's?
    Thanks - despite the world's second most annoying advert, I went on their site. They won't quote because of the zero no claims entitlement - miserable lot!

  8. #8
    Regular Member BigMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G.O'Rilla View Post
    Thanks - despite the world's second most annoying advert, I went on their site. They won't quote because of the zero no claims entitlement - miserable lot!
    So they advertize they are cheaper than everyone else for Women, but only if you fit a certain criteria!!! Why am i not surprised!

  9. #9
    Regular Member G.O'Rilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the road
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John35 View Post
    it all depends who drives the car most of the time. With two older people on the insurance, logic dictates that your daughter will not be driving it all the time. therefore the insurance is cheaper. i would choose an insurer which gives all named drivers a no claims discount. I believe direct line do this type of policy. In the long run this will be cheaper for your daughter.
    Thanks - I knew it made a difference and why but was astonished just how much. However, there is nothing to say that the older people MUST drive the car - the point was that simply naming a couple of clean living older people on a policy saves money even if they never set foot inside it.

    Direct line were extremely expensive (about £1200) and I looked at them just for the reason that you say. However, we don't need the no claims benefit as my wife has 9 yrs and I have a company car plus named on wife's insurance as well. If I move and lose the company car then I can usually get NCD credit from the insurer anyway.

    Thanks to everyone for the avalanche (OK - a large trickle) of constructive responses - that's what I like about this forum
    Last edited by G.O'Rilla; 2nd July 2007 at 17:58.

  10. #10
    Regular Member G.O'Rilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the road
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan77 View Post
    So they advertize they are cheaper than everyone else for Women, but only if you fit a certain criteria!!! Why am i not surprised!
    It's nice to know that there are other real cynics out there as well........

    Diamond were about £250 cheaper than anyone else - next was NU and all the others were about £1100 or more - all for a car worth about £2500.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Online travel insurance with chris knott insurance - instant quotes!
    By ChrisKnottInsurance in forum Insurance Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th March 2011, 12:16
  2. Online travel insurance with chris knott insurance - instant quotes!
    By ChrisKnottInsurance in forum Insurance Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th May 2010, 12:43
  3. Online travel insurance with chris knott insurance - instant quotes!
    By ChrisKnottInsurance in forum Chris Knott Club Insurance Scheme
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th May 2010, 12:42
  4. Insurance Quotes
    By KC in forum Insurance Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30th October 2007, 10:50
  5. Car Insurance Quotes
    By denzo in forum Insurance Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 7th February 2006, 21:30

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •