Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia + vec b C20let

Trim : SRI Vx line

Engine : 160 bhp diesel

Year : 2012

Default what a day

hi, firstly some ****** broke a branch off a tree and though it would look better on my roof. then on the way to work i was stopped by the old bill, they went over the car with a tooth comb.....guess what no joy with that so they then said that cos i had my window open and i wasnt going fast [35mph in a 40] that they thought it was a sus .. so they gave me a breath test ... again no joy all this was been done whilst everyone was havin a good look....... just really ****ed me off.. thats my moan over
    INSIGNIA SRI VX LINE CDTI AND C20LET VECTRA B PROJECT

Pretending to be unmarked Police in my T5...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The Police sometime's like to do these things just for fun, and to p*ss people off! And there is nothing worse than having loads of people stopping and looking while they're going over your car!

A few years ago i was going to work at 2am on a Sunday morning, and going up the A5 in Milton Keynes, there was a copper doing 55mph on a Dual Carriageway, with 3 motors sat behind him. i did no more than pull out and over take him, doing about 65-70. Once we got out onto the A421 and into the Darkness, he came racing up behind me, and blue lighted me. His Excuse was a classic, he pulled me over coz i was wearing a Baseball Cap, and he thought the car might have been stolen!! And while he was there, he spent 5-10 minutes looking over the car(A bog Standard 2.0 SRi Vectra B - Hardly a boy racer). All this at 0220 on a December Morning!!!!!

The attitude of SOME Policeman leaves a lot to be desired, its like a "I am the law and you WILL respect me" attitude.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

TBH its good they are stopping people still, helps take the uninsured and drunk drivers off the road. I agree the attitude of some is wrong, but then thats the minority I hope
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Astrase20 View Post
    TBH its good they are stopping people still, helps take the uninsured and drunk drivers off the road. I agree the attitude of some is wrong, but then thats the minority I hope
    Yeah, but looking at his car he doesn't really fit the profile of a drunk driver, should be obvious if the car is well maintained and there's no smell of alcohol on the driver as convo's are taking place, unless you've given them cause previously, btw last night was absolute hell on earth, I had to turn down various ppl cos they were having a row with each other, and to finish it all off I get some idiot who wont wait at the rank and tries to flag as we are all coming out of the centre loaded up, decides to slap my mirror as I pass him, no damage but to say I was annoyed is an understatement, I think these ppl know you know, my other half has had abuse from cyclists who rode in to the pram on the pavement while I wasn't there, and now due to by condition after a real DD hit me I can't swing properly.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    Yeah, but looking at his car he doesn't really fit the profile of a drunk driver, should be obvious if the car is well maintained and there's no smell of alcohol on the driver as convo's are taking place, unless you've given them cause previously.
    Yeah your right...... so what exactly does a drink driver look like?

Do they all drive one type of car? I'm sorry but unless they pull people over and have a sniff! anyone could be a drunk driver. I don't agree that drunk drivers fit any real profile. I'm all for zero tolerance on any drink and drive. It should be a zero mg breath alcohol limit. It would be clearer for everyone who is and who isn't over the limit. None of this "half a pint, i'll be ok"

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

zero would make it very hard to know how long after a drink you could drive, i like 1 cold beer after my meal some nights, are you saying I cant drive to work next morning with only a tiny trace of alcohol in my system ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rob 2.2dti View Post
    zero would make it very hard to know how long after a drink you could drive, i like 1 cold beer after my meal some nights, are you saying I cant drive to work next morning with only a tiny trace of alcohol in my system ?
    By the morning it would be all out of your system! But yes, any is too much as far as i'm conserned. What your saying is the same as being in a pub, having one pint and thinking after 1/2 an hour "i'll be ok now", being pulled and being over the limit. Its all about edcuating the puplic.

How quickly does the liver process alcohol?
    The liver can process only a certain amount of alcohol per hour. The speed of the process varies from person to person.

Alcohol is absorbed in the body faster than it is processed by the liver. In general, it takes 30 to 45 minutes for the amount of alcohol in the blood to peak after consuming one standard unit of alcohol.

The liver processes about half a pint of beer, one small glass (120ml) of wine, or a single measure of spirits in an hour. The processing time may be longer depending on the strength of the drink.

Drinking more than one unit of alcohol per hour causes a backlog in the body's system leading to intoxication.

If alcohol is consumed faster than the body can process it, the blood and breath
    alcohol concentration will increase.

If only small amounts of alcohol are consumed, the liver can keep up with the rate the alcohol enters the blood stream and the alcohol concentration will not increase.

http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/article...?articles_id=9
    Last edited by Big Sig; 30th June 2007 at 20:00. Reason: additions

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Astrase20 View Post
    Yeah your right...... so what exactly does a drink driver look like?

Do they all drive one type of car? I'm sorry but unless they pull people over and have a sniff! anyone could be a drunk driver. I don't agree that drunk drivers fit any real profile. I'm all for zero tolerance on any drink and drive. It should be a zero mg breath alcohol limit. It would be clearer for everyone who is and who isn't over the limit. None of this "half a pint, i'll be ok"
    Alright cool down, i wasn't having a go at you, my point was that ppl who pride their car and spend lots of money making it stand out rarely risk smashing it to pieces to save a cab fare.

Zero can't work tbh, you'd have ppl losing their licence cos they used mouthwash that day, a better way imo is education, an education that is taught before you take your test, some video footage of relatives being told of a fatality,and some of the *rick who caused it saying how sorry he was and didn't mean it to happen, with a clear message of, DON'T BE A RICK!, and add a 15 yr jail sentence to it as well as a deterrent.

So the morale of the story is, don't smoke cos it can kill, but drink driving is ok, and these minister's wonder why no one has any faith in them, lets pass a bill, the choice is no smoking or no drink driving, which one should have gotten addressed first in your opinion.

I can get fined £2000 as of today for not displaying a no smoking sign in the cab, yet if i go lash up and kill/hurt someone I'll probably get fined a quarter of that, mad country run by loonies.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry VV I didn't mean to come across as having a go. I know it would be difficult to do and I don't claim to have the answer, its just my opinion.
    I agree completly with you, the punisment is not enough, after all they are in charge of a deadly weapon.

spoons

I rarely drink alcohol anymore now, just through choice.

But I have to say £10 for two drinks at a bar is a just rip off !!

Couldnt afford to go drinking nowadays anyway at those prices. Rather spend my money on something else. Like a gallon of BP Ultimate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information