0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Aeroplanes

One of my favorite mantoys, anyway, anyone here work for a company that manufactures aeroplanes, in particular fuselage and wings.

Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what I was in Up untill 4 years ago,worked for a major sub contractor to British Aero space,Have been to most of the Sites,was involved with the Hawk,Harrier,Euro fighter,Air Bus.146,Shorts Tucano,Westland Helicopters,Hurcules C130 J,& Concord even !.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm now involved in the manufacture of aerospace components yes.....and no, i haven't got a concord you could stick in your back garden..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wifes one of the head dealies for airbus, what you after? I really don't think a leadin edge will fit on the front of the skoda, or is it really big alloys you're after?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work for the Marshall Group of Companies:

http://www.marshallgroup.co.uk/

The company owns and operates Cambridge City Airport and has all sorts of involvement with civil and military aircraft maintainance, modification and the manufacture of parts.

The company also operates 40 car dealerships, which is where I spend the bulk of my employed time. I do get the occasional opportunity to experience the aerospace side of things though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often wondered if the two companies were connected!
    I was never allowed to play with real aeroplanes, but I spent several years working as a Flight Simulator Engineer with Britannia Airways in the 80's.
    Now, them's big boy's toys........

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I was floating through the tube clips last night I found some plane crash clips and had some ideas how maybe a safer solution could be used in these event's, I was going to e.mail BAE or Boeing but didn't because someone will just steal the idea as their own and take the credit, a mistake I've made on several occasions before, including allowing someone to pick my brains which on a 50/50 basis has led to them becoming multi millionaire's, I'm also not sure BAE would be interested because it's a commercial design idea not a military one and would be of no use on a single or two seater jet, hence the thread to see if anyone knows who would be best to approach both on a company and individual level so I could sit down with them and a couple of designers to see if it would be workable, as some of you may know I've quite a vivid mind and idea's come to me as I see other things in life happening, and it's vivid minds that get written off by others but seem to come through later, Bugsy Segal and Howard Hughes being two prime examples.

spoons

I think in the event of an iminent plane crash all the luggage should be jetisoned out from the cargo hold for recycling by the villages below...

The fuel should be redistributed into the main cabin area and ignited, cremating all the people inside before impact, as this would save a lot of money trying to sift through the bits trying to figure what part belongs where..

The black box should be sent immediatelly to YouTube so we can all decide what actually happened and put it to public poll.. I'm sure after arguing about it on forums around the world, we could find the cause, without spending any money on investigations..

Sorted !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    I think in the event of an iminent plane crash all the luggage should be jetisoned out from the cargo hold for recycling by the villages below...

The fuel should be redistributed into the main cabin area and ignited, cremating all the people inside before impact, as this would save a lot of money trying to sift through the bits trying to figure what part belongs where..

The black box should be sent immediatelly to YouTube so we can all decide what actually happened and put it to public poll.. I'm sure after arguing about it on forums around the world, we could find the cause, without spending any money on investigations..

Sorted !!
    Hmmmm.....
    Not sure where you could jettison the in-flight meals, though, as they surely count as toxic waste......

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marshals... do they still release aircraft from majors with no nitrogen in the main undercarriage struts ?

BAe would be a good starting point contact wise, they have many contractors under them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information