Thread: Tonight Went Well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Tonight Went Well

My new state of mind saw me well tonight and I had a good time, got the hump on the way home after two cabs didn't stop for me when hailed, but this is a thing I hear about all the time from my customers, work this out, you see one fella with his hand up, do you 1 - Stop and pick him up? 2 - Drive by and go to a rank full of drunk ppl you have no idea about that you have no option to pick up once ranked up? easy innit, makes me extra money when I'm working most times, but there's a funny thing going on, you can see a cab ignore a punter from a distance, if you're up his backside and a flagger puts their hand up they stop, recent events have also made me hyper critical, either be a proper cabby or sod off I think.

spoons

Morning VV, , glad you had a good night out.

However, I also have to say that its annoyed me to be standing in the taxi rank que, cold and tired, just to watch people further 'upstream' picking off the cabs before they get to the taxi rank !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wasn't near the rank Steve, I'd walked about a mile and a half from the only place there was a queue, we have this thing going on that unless another cab is behind you and you might miss out on something they wont stop for ppl by the roadside, it's like a bad habit tbh, the art of cabbing is to have the meter running for as many miles as you can per night, riding empty is just wasting your profits.

Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post

just to watch people further 'upstream' picking off the cabs before they get to the taxi rank !!
    When I am in my taxi on the rank I politely tell / show them that there is a queue,

VV if the cab did not stop when you tried to flag it was it in your own area ?.they must know you to well and your possible state .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SE

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    My new state of mind saw me well tonight and I had a good time, got the hump on the way home after two cabs didn't stop for me when hailed, .
    i think because u was laid down on the pavement edge with your hand in the air shouting taxi they thought twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by silverhairedracer View Post
    When I am in my taxi on the rank I politely tell / show them that there is a queue,

VV if the cab did not stop when you tried to flag it was it in your own area ?.they must know you to well and your possible state .
    LOL, the ones that went by, and remember this wasn't queue bunking I was well away from the rank, were an old boy that drives everywhere at 20 mph, and someone who I didn't even recognise, another way to put it is this, shall I go to the rank which is two miles away and get some **** I don't know, or, shall I pick this other cabbie up whose gonna give me £10 for a £5 fare, I guess what I'm trying to say is we have too many cabbies who aren't cabbies, real cabbie is always available to earn it as fast as possible, and driving around empty isn't profitable.

There's two types of cabbie, one is a bloke who can't get any other job and the other wanted to drive for a living, I've seen em come and I've seen em go, the one who earns £300 every night while standing outside a burger van telling anyone who will listen about some other bulls**t he made up in his mind 5 mins earlier, we ignore em, yeah ok mate and walk off is the best way to let them know.
    Last edited by VauxVeteran; 13th June 2007 at 13:29.

Regular Member silverhairedracer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post

There's two types of cabbie, one is a bloke who can't get any other job and the other wanted to drive for a living, I've seen em come and I've seen em go, the one who earns £300 every night while standing outside a burger van telling anyone who will listen about some other bulls**t he made up in his mind 5 mins earlier, we ignore em, yeah ok mate and walk off is the best way to let them know.
    I am with you on this one,does not matter what you do there is always some a---hole who has done twice as much in half the time,mind you had a good tip the other night £20 after we stopped so as they could have a leak,We was in the middle of nowhere as they got out one asked me " you will not drive of will you ?"..£45.0 fare paid up front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

In N. Ireland the only cabs you can hail are the black cabs. Minicabs have to work from a rank or be booked by phone.

Thread Information